G'day and welcome to Australia Zoo, home of The Crocodile Hunter, Steve Irwin! Just one hour north of Brisbane, Australia Zoo offers a full day of wildlife adventure. Open since 1970 as Beerwah Reptile and Fauna Park, this unique zoological facility is home to over 1200 animals on nearly 100 acres of natural bushland. If you're in the area - you MUST visit Australia Zoo!
- Get up-close to native wildlife
- Popular choice with kids
There is no other zoo like Australia Zoo! Through the love, passion, and devotion of both Steve and Terri Irwin, Australia Zoo is able to educate and share with you the magnificent, often threatened, or sometimes even threatening wildlife of the world. Bringing you up close and personal with some of the worlds most misunderstood and feared animals (as well as the cute and cuddliest), so that you can share and learn, appreciate and understand.
The daily demonstrations take on a whole new dimension when the keepers actually interact with the wildlife, from giant snakes to hungry crocodiles. Whether you would like to see the Otters catching their own fish, or meet them up close and personal, plan on spending the entire day to experience all the full-on action and adventure! You can even get cozy with some of our wandering wildlife as keepers introduce you to snakes, koalas, camels, tortoises, alligators, lizards and more!
Australia Zoo Exhibits:
- The Crocoseum - see crocodiles in clear water ponds, in an action-packed show full of discovery and adventure
- Tiger Temple - home to eleven majestic tigers (six Sumatrans, five Bengals), and four cheetah, the Tiger Temple provides an amazing opportunity for you to get up close with these critically endangered animals
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Steve Irwin Way, Beerwah
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
1 Day Ticket
1-day general admission ticket to Australia Zoo
USD $45.85Pricing details
2 Day Ticket
2-day general admission ticket to Australia Zoo
USD $67.61Pricing details
Australia Zoo 1-Day or 2-Day Admission Ticket
- Australia Zoo entrance one-day or two-day pass
- Australia's Goods and Services Tax (GST)
- Food and drinks
- Pram, wheelchair and locker hire fee
- Additional animal encounters
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Two-day Australia Zoo pass - Note the two-day pass must be used within 14-days of your first entry into Australia Zoo
- Locker hire is available at the Australia Zoo
- Wheelchair hire available
Eating at the Zoo:
Relax and unwind at the Feeding Frenzy food court, kiosk or Dingo Diner with a cold drink or a hot meal. The Feeding Frenzy food court has 6 specialized outlets which include burgers, Italian, take-away, sandwiches and salads, coffee, cakes and a scrumptious ice-cream parlor. You can also bring a picnic lunch and enjoy your meal on the immaculately groomed grounds.
It is recommended to spend a whole day at Australia Zoo to enjoy all exhibits on offer.
Australia Zoo Demonstration Times:
- 10:00am - Kids Story Time
- 10:00am - Tortoises Live
- 10:30am - Morning Otters Live
- 12:00pm - Australia Zoo Wildlife Warriors Show (see slithering snakes, free flight birds and Crocodile feeding LIVE!)
- 1:30pm - Koalas Live
- 2:30pm - Afternoon Crocs Live
- 3:30pm - Birds of Prey Live
- 3:30pm - Afternoon Otters Live
The above times are a guide only and subject to change.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Louis C, August 2016
As a big fan of the Crocodile Hunter this was a trip of a lifetime. The zoo is so big with various shows on offer to last a whole day. The main show shows off the birds, snakes to the big build up for the crocodiles. There are different zones like Asia and Africa. You can have your photo with various animals with the koala and snake be the most popular on the day I went. The food is of great portions and will certainly keep you fed for going around the huge zoo. The staff are fun and friendly. It certainly met all my expectations and I had a real blast of a day.
Reviewed by: Kendal S, November 2015
Great Zoo - lots to see, would definitely go back.