- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- Led by an art historian
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Skip the line
- All entrance fees included
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
Next, you'll visit St Peter's Basilica to admire the famous artworks by Michelangelo and Bernini, where your private walking tour concludes.
This in-depth private tour of the Vatican Museums and St Peter's Basilica is hosted by an English-speaking guide specializing in art history. Please list any special interests you have (art, architecture, history, culture) at the time of booking to alert your guide, so they can prepare for your private tour.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Tour departs from Vatican Museums main entrance.
- between 9am - 11pm
- between 2pm - 3pm
- at 7pm
Please include a preferred time at time of booking. The closest available time will be allocated. You must call 24-48 hours prior to travel to reconfirm exact meeting time.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Departs between 9:00am & 11:00am
Departs between 2pm & 3pm
Departs at 7pm
Fresco inside Vatican Museum
- Walking tour
- Professional guide
- Entrance fees
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Evening Tours: St Peter's Basilica is closed during the evenings. As an alternative you will be offered an extended itinerary within the Vatican Museums, which still includes the Sistine Chapel and Raphael's Rooms. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. If you would prefer that St Peter's Basilica and Square are included, please select the Morning or Afternoon Tours as your travel date
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Joni Marie J, October 2016
Our tour guide, Isabella,Botti was wonderful. She spent 3 hours with us, skillfully negotiating through the crowds, discussing the history and art of the Vatican. We were able to stop and ask questions whenever we needed more information and she made the large, imposing collections accessible. After comparing notes with friends who have taken Vactican tours, I am convinced that this is the only way to see and appreciate the museum, the Sistine Chapel, and St, Peter's. Brava Isabella!
Reviewed by: Donald S, August 2016
This was a highlight of our trip. Our guide, Anna, was very knowledgeable having studied at the Vaticcan and received a doctorate in art history. Having our own personal guide was outstanding. My wife is an artist and could ask many questions. We tell everyone how great it was.