Milford Sound is arguably the most scenic destination in New Zealand, a must-see for any traveler. This is a small group tour for travelers seeking a personalized trip to Milford Sound. You will be transported in a modern, fully air-conditioned coach. As you begin your tour out of Queenstown we will travel south along the side of the amazing "Remarkables" mountain range and New Zealand's longest lake, Lake Wakatipu. From Te Anau the scenery really begins as we drive north along the lake. Lake Te Anau is the largest lake in the South Island.
- Instant Confirmation
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Lunch included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Small group ensures personal service
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Upon entering the Fiordland National Park, the largest National Park in NZ, travel up along side the Eglington River to three mountain lakes at the head of the Eglington Valley. During this part of the journey you will make the first of our many sightseeing stops that also allow for some great photo opportunities. You have a couple of different locations for lunch and will endeavor to select the best spot on the day. With some fantastic walks in the area, this is a great opportunity to experience the beautiful alpine forest up close.
After lunch you head towards the Homer Tunnel, taking in some incredible mountain views while driving along side the crystal clear waters of the Hollyford river. Once through the Homer Tunnel, you'll wind the way down the Cleddau Valley. At this time you arrive in an area called Fiordland but are visiting a "Sound", the difference will be explained.
You link up with a scenic cruise for a 1hour and 45 minute excursion on the fjord.
Important Note: During the months of May to October the itinerary for this tour will be modified. In place of the BBQ lunch enroute to Milford Sound, the tour will include a full scenic cruise with a BBQ lunch on board the cruise boat.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Tour departs from selected Queenstown hotels
- 6:50am (May - October)
- 7:20am (November - April)
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time
Returns to original departure point at approximately 7:30pm (May - October), 9:00pm (November - April)
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Cruise on the Milford Sound
- Opportunity for extended bush walks
- BBQ lunch at Cascade Creek inside the Fiordland National Park or a BBQ lunch on board your Milford Sound Cruise if traveling during the months of May - October
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Please bring walking shoes, warm clothes and rain jacket
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- Special meal requests such as vegetarian or do not eat pork, lamb, chicken or beef MUST be advised at time of booking
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Mike M, September 2016
We had a clear day and Milford Sound was amazing. Saw dolphins, penguins, and seals. The waterfalls were great. And, if the Captain says, You my get wet, - you should heed his warning. The bus ride over with Marty on the BBQ bus was very relaxing and well thought-out. Totally enjoyable experience.
Reviewed by: Dono, Australia, September 2016
We selected this from a plethora of available tours and hoped for the best,,, we got it fortunately. This is a small bus tour which was truly wonderful. The bus is able to visit spots coaches can't and is ini matey cosy and comfy.
Marty... The Owner/Driver was exceptional. Not only did he provide a service above and beyond that expected, his knowledge of conservation through past employment, of the area and attractions and commentary all round was outstanding. It was a pleasure to be onboard.
The cruise, well it is just simply a must to do in life, enough said. Our boat also was a smaller one than the huge commercial ones, again this is a bonus as it can get into the Waterfulls, and far more intimate and enjoyable for the passengers.
The BBQ lunch on this booking is terrific... Others looked in desperation as we indulged!