- Hotel pickup included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- All entrance fees included
Hear the secrets and mysterious stories about Stonehenge from your expert guide, and experience the site at its atmospheric best! Depending on the time of year you visit, you may even be lucky enough to catch the sunset or sunrise; it’s sure to make your Stonehenge viewing an unforgettable experience. Read on for more details of each option; both tours finish with a drop-off at Victoria in central London.
After exploring the stones with your guide, travel onward to the nearby village of Lacock, a place often cited as one of England’s most picturesque villages. Hear of Lacock’s past as a Saxon dwelling, and learn about its use as a setting for many movie and TV programs including the adaptation of Jane Austen’s Pride and Prejudice and Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone. Stretch your legs on a walk with your guide, and then head inside the George, a 14th-century pub, for breakfast (own expense).
Continue to Bath, a UNESCO-listed city in the county of Somerset. Enjoy a tour of the Roman Baths, visit Bath Abbey, and learn some more about Jane Austen, who was born in the city. If you wish, enjoy a short walking tour to see where the legendary novelist Charles Dickens lived and worked as a young man, and sample fresh cheese from a local dairy. Alternatively, make the most of some free time to explore independently.
From London, travel first to the city of Bath to explore the Roman Baths and visit Bath Abbey, as described for the Morning Tour. Continue to Lacock for a walk around the picturesque village, and then enjoy dinner at the George pub (own expense). Last, but not least, travel to Stonehenge for your tour of the stones when the day-trippers have left the site.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Hotel pickups commence from 10:45am
April to November the viewing takes place at 6:30/ 7:30pm;
December to March the evening viewing is at 4:30/ 4:45pm
Detailed hotel pickup times are included on your confirmation voucher
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Morning Tour: 7:30am Viewing
Pickups from 5am for a Stonehenge morning viewing at 7:30am
Evening Tour: 7:30pm Viewing
Pickups from 10:45am for a Stonehenge evening viewing at 7:30pm
Private Viewing of Stonehenge including Bath and Lacock
- Hotel pickup (select hotels only)
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Professional guide
- Entrance fee
- Bath walking tour (if morning option selected)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Hotel drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Confirmation for this tour will be received at time of booking
- Access to the inner circle of stones may be prohibited in wet weather conditions for health and safety reasons. On these occasions we still include a guided tour of Stonehenge beyond the outer walkway, normally roped off to the public
- At certain times, due to the long summer daylight hours, it is not possible to see the actual sunrise or sunset. The tour arrives as early/late as possible to enjoy the private tour inside the stones
- Evening Tour operates with a maximum of 52 people; Morning Tour operates with a maximum of 26 people excluding the summer months when the group size is 52
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Hugh V, United States of America, February 2017
You have to do this tour at least once in your life. Going inside the stone circle, the one we always see on television, in films, and books, was phenomenal. A great day trip outside of London.
Reviewed by: Tatyana Z, February 2017
Truly glad I paid a bit for this private viewing and gone on the early time for this trip! Great guide, was able to touch the stones, get a little history, eat, drink Bath mineralized water, and having the freedom to walk about on our own too.