Hit the rails, the rainforest, the sky and the reef in an action-packed day trip from Cairns! You'll take the Kuranda Scenic Railway from Cairns, go shopping in the Kuranda Markets, ride the Skyrail Rainforest Cableway, soar over the Great Barrier Reef on a helicopter tour, take a lunchtime cruise on the reef, then spend the afternoon swimming, snorkeling or diving before cruising back to Cairns. What a rewarding day out!
- Instant Confirmation
- Scenic helicopter flight
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Rail Tour
- Lunch included
- Family friendly
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Have your camera ready aboard the Kuranda Scenic Railway to take photographs as the train winds its way around Horseshoe Bend and past Stoney Creek Falls and Barron Falls. At Kuranda Markets you'll have free time to shop for locally made arts and crafts before taking a ride on the Skyrail Rainforest Cableway. Make sure to have your camera ready as you glide over the rainforest canopy and glimpse tantalizing views of Cairns' beautiful coastline.
From lush tropical rainforest it's on to the blue expanse of the Great Barrier Reef and your spectacular thirty-minute helicopter flight to the Outer Reef. From the heli pontoon at Hastings Reef, you will be transferred to a high-speed vessel to enjoy a delicious tropical lunch.
After lunch you will have more than two hours to snorkel and swim. If you prefer not to get wet, you can take an informative semi-submersible boat tour to see and learn about the delicate coral reef ecosystem (if time permits). Divers are not forgotten either with scuba diving available for both beginners and experienced divers at an additional cost. Then it's time to relax and enjoy the live entertainment onboard this luxury vessel as you sail back to Cairns at the end of a packed, fulfilling day.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Cairns, Palm Cove and Northern Beaches hotels
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Kuranda Scenic Railway, Skyrail, Great Barrier Reef Helicopter Tour and Cruise
- Hotel pickup and drop off from Cairns, Palm Cove and Northern Beaches hotels
- Kuranda Scenic Rail and Skyrail Cableway
- 30-minute helicopter tour
- Use of snorkeling equipment
- Buffet lunch
- Optional Introductory or Certified Dives, payable direct on travel date
- AU$20 Environmental Management Charge and Fuel Levy is payable direct to the operator on the day of travel
- Semi-submersible boat tour
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- All passenger weights MUST be advised at time of booking
- Due to comfort and weight / balance of the aircraft, passengers weighing over 110kg will be required to pay an extra 50% of an additional seat. Passengers are allowed a weight variance of up to 10% over original recorded weight. Should this variance be found to be more than 10%, your local operator reserves the right to charge an additional fee.
- There is a maximum of 6 passengers permitted per helicopter
- Evidence of dive certification is required from all divers wishing to participate in a certified dive
- Diving within 48 hours of flying is not recommended. All participants will be required to complete a health questionnaire prior to diving. Some pre-existing medical conditions (eg asthma, heart conditions, etc) may prevent you from diving, please consult your doctor
- Snorkeling equipment is provided
Please be aware that snorkeling may be a strenuous activity. Your level of fitness and any existing medical conditions should be considered prior to snorkeling. Buoyancy vests are available onboard the vessel. Please consider wind strength or the roughness of the sea before booking.
For certified divers, a history of asthma, ear and heart conditions and any other medical conditions may preclude a passenger from scuba diving unless a current Australian Diving Medical can be shown to the instructor. It is advisable to discuss any existing medical condition with the Down Under Helicopter staff before embarkation. All intending divers over the age of 65 years must provide a current Diving Medical certificate. All divers must complete a medical questionnaire/declaration onboard the vessel prior to diving and their fitness to dive will be assessed by the diving instructor.
In the interest of safety, we recommend you do not fly on high altitude flights within 48 hours of your last dive. It must be noted that all helicopter flights are low altitude flights.
Certified Diving (optional activity):
All equipment is included. Age restrictions apply. Some medical conditions and medications may preclude passengers from scuba diving and divers MUST be certified. Certified divers must show a 'C' card. (Additional charge). Please note that some medical conditions and medications may preclude you from diving.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Dorla H, July 2016
Australia is wondrous Cairns is especially green and lush my first helicopter a memorable experience flying over the Great Barrier Reef was on my bucket list this definitely exceeds expectations all I cAn say is book your flight I don't want to spoil it awesome experience with an exceptional captain. Living large!
Reviewed by: Kitty S, June 2016
Awesome tour, got to see Cairns in a day! Loved it