- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Comprehensive tour of the city
You’ll also have time to visit the Museum of Montserrat, with its five collections ranging from Archaeology from the Biblical East to Modern Painting and Sculpture. Or discover the different walking paths on Montserrat – there are routes to suit all tastes and energy levels. You can also take one of the mountain’s two rack railways or the cable car, which offer different views of the area, or simply savor the views from the café, which offers panoramas of the valleys.
After lunch, you’ll visit Colonia Güell, where you’ll see an unfinished church by Antoni Gaudi. Gaudi only finished the crypt, which you can visit.
Finally, finish your day trip back in Barcelona at Park Güell, the magical city garden designed by Gaudí that features some of his most creative designs. See the famous mosaic lizard and strange 'Gingerbread Houses' that enchant visitors of all ages. Follow the winding alleys, passing over bridges or under twisting rock pillars. Admire the fascinating ceramic benches and the fantastic view over Barcelona. Get lost in the fascinating labyrinth made up of rocks and pine trees. You can choose to stay at Park Güell after your tour ends, or return to your Barcelona hotel.
This private day trip from Barcelona is hosted by a professional guide. Please list any special interests you have (art, architecture, history, culture) at the time of booking to alert your guide, who will then prepare for your private tour.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Private Montserrat, Gaudi and Modernism Day Trip from Barcelona
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entrance fee to Colonia Guell and Park Guell
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Private tour
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Rack railway and cable car at Montserrat
- Entrance fees for the museums and monuments in Montserrat
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- There will be time off the bus at your leisure, so please bring suitable clothing, footwear, and sun protection. Remember that temperatures at high altitudes will be much lower than in the city, so although it may be warm in Barcelona, please remember that it will be much cooler in the mountains
- Not recommended for child aged 5 and under
- During July and August it will not be possible to hear the boys choir sing
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Robert D, July 2015
Really enjoyed the trip especially Montserrat and La Grada Familia. Our tour guide/driver, Enrique was excellent.
Reviewed by: KrisKayPhoto, December 2013
Absolutely fantastic! Our guide/driver Nick, came with a lovely car, made us very comfortable and drove us around for 8 hours.
We went to the Montserrat Mts. with intentions of seeing the Monastery; however, my travel mate suffered a foot injury earlier in the trip, so we opted for the least amount of walking and sadly needed to pass on the Monastery. We spent the remainder of the day doing all things Gaudi and Barcelona. It was a packed agenda, filled with Nick's knowledgeable details, beauty and unlimited photo opportunities.
I would highly recommend this journey and if possible ask for Nick. He is a walking-talking Google Search Engine! I give it 10 stars!!!
I am a professional photographer, if you would like to see some photos of this wonderful shore excursion in Barcelona please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I will put you on a list and send you a link when I post my photos to the website.