Discover the vibrant city of Auckland with flexibility and ease on a hop-on hop-off bus across all major sites and attractions. Complete with audio commentary and written translations in 9 languages, you're free to hop-on and off at your leisure. If you have limited time - this is the perfect way to explore the city, especially if this is your first visit to Auckland.
- Multiple departure times and locations available
- Excellent value for money
- Ideal choice for families
- Fully narrated tour
The Auckland Hop-on Hop-off tour includes commentary and visits the "Big 14 Attractions" of Auckland. Buses leave every 30 minutes in summer and hourly in winter. Explore the likes of Kelly Tarlton's Sea Life Aquarium, Auckland Museum, Mt Eden and the Sky Tower to name just a few.
Valid for one or two days, the Auckland hop-on hop-off tour takes one-hour to complete an entire loop, or you can choose to hop-on and off during the day visiting Auckland's attractions along the way.
There is a comprehensive audio commentary on the bus as it travels around the loop. The audio commentary is available in English only.
Chinese, French, Korean, Japanese, Spanish , Portuguese and German timetable is available from the driver.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
All hop-on Hop-off stops (see itinerary)
10am May - September every hour until 3pm
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
1 Day Pass
Unlimited use on Auckland City Hop-on Hop-off Tour for 1 calendar day
2 Day Pass
Unlimited use on Auckland City Hop-on Hop-off Tour for 2 days, where the second day does not have to be consecutive, but must to be used within one calendar month
1-Day Family Pass
Unlimited use on Auckland City Hop-on Hop-off Tour for 1 calendar day. Valid for 2 adults and up to 4 children from 4 to 15 years inclusive.
Auckland Hop-on Hop-off Tour
- Hop-on hop-off tour
- Live commentary on board
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fees
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This tour must be booked at least 48 hours in advance of your travel date
- Confirmation for this tour will be received at time of booking
- The two day pass does not have to be consecutive days but the second day to be used within one calendar month
- Infants aged 3 years and under are free of charge.
- Child prices are applicable for children aged 4 - 16 years
- Bus operates on a reduced timetable during May to September
Auckland Hop-On Hop Off Stops
Red Circle Route:
- Philips Corner/Princes Wharf - Entrance to the Viaduct harbour and Princes Wharf is Auckland's 2nd cruise ship terminal with many restaurants
- Bastion Point Lookout- Short walk to Mission Bay Beach and offers views of Hauraki Gulf and Waitemata Harbour
- Kelly Tarltons Sea Life Aquarium - Home to an extensive display of aquatic life and largest penguin colony in captivity
- Parnell Rose Park Gardens - Visit between October and April to see the blooms at their best!
- Holy Trinity Cathedral - A place of worship, learning, art and architecture
- Auckland Museum - Three expansive levels house the history of New Zealand within its walls
- Parnell Village - Oldest suburb in New Zealand with great galleries, cafes, restaurants and charming boutique-style stores
- Civic Theater Corner - The main street of down town Auckland and a short walk to the Auckland Art Gallery
- Sky City and Sky Tower - See the city from a vantage point of 192m above street level, sky walk around the tower or sky jump if you dare!
Blue Circle Route:
- Winter Gardens - Lovely duck pond set within a natural spring
- Eden Gardens - Described and New Zealand's best kept secret, this garden is a delightful mix of art and craft gardening
- Mt Eden - Auckland's highest point with great views overlooking the city and harbour
- St Lukes Westfield Shopping Center - Auckland's largest shopping mall
- Auckland Zoo - The largest collection of native and exotic animals in New Zealand
- Museum of Transport and Technology - Take an interactive journey and see how technology has shaped New Zealand
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Richard C D, December 2016
A good way to get an overview of the Auckland area with recorded commentary explaining where you were and its significance to the area. There are 16 stops on two different lines which overlap at the Auckland Museum. We got off at several stops. In our opinion the best were Kelly Tarlton's Sea Life Aquarium excellent and not to be missed, Sky Tower wonderful views of the city make sure to go to the highest viewing level. WE also got off at Parnell Village and ST Lukes Westfield shopping Center. The former was mostly restaurant s and cafes and the latter can be found in every city in the US. Buses run conveniently every 30 minutes from each stop.
Reviewed by: Dorothy R, November 2016
In Auckland the Hop-on Hop-off bus was a really good buy. It took us all around the town and we got to get off along where we wanted to.
It gave us also a view all around town. We enjoyed it very much. It was a good choice.