- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Free port pickup and drop-off included
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
In Athinios, a private car will be waiting to take you on a short trip to Profitis Ilias, Santorini's highest peak. Admire the rocky landscapes and vineyards as you drive to the top of the mountain. At 1,853 feet (565 meters) above sea level, the monastery boasts great views and is one of the oldest monasteries on the island. Beginning in 1806, the monastery ran a Greek school for almost 40 years. Today, it holds an important collection of bibles and icons of the Greek Orthodox religion.
Next, proceed to the northernmost tip of the island to visit Oia. This small, dramatic village, built on a steep slope of the caldera, is home to dwellings that are nestled in niches hewn into the volcanic rock. As you walk through its narrow cobbled streets with your guide, you will come across many shops that offer a varied collection of handmade ceramic art, paintings and jewelry. Perched on the edge of the cliffs, Oia also offers spectacular views of Fira (Santorini's capital) and the volcano that gave birth to the island. Finally, make your way to Fira, where you’ll enjoy a short cable car ride down to the pier, where your ship is docked.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return to the Santorini port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Santorini Shore Excursion: Private Scenic Tour of Santorini, including Oia and Mt Profitis Ilias Monastery
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
- Transport by private vehicle
- Cable-car tickets
- Worry-Free Shore Excursion Guarantee
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Entrance fees (approx. 3 euros)
- Boat to Fira harbor
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 5 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- At time of booking, Cruise Ship passengers must provide the following details under Special Requirements: Ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Please enter your preferred pickup time in the Special Requirements box at the time of booking, and reconfirm 48 hours prior to the tour’s departure time
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: marina s, July 2016
Constantina was an amazing tour guide. She made us feel like family. Santorini was the highlight of our vacation thanks to her. I would highly recommend Viator and ask for Constantina. You will not be disappointed.
Reviewed by: Susan G, November 2015
Zina was excellent and new everything about this beautiful
island. I wish we could of had her longer though.
She even called ahead and got us a amazing table for lunch