From the moment you push off from the riverbank, begin experiencing the endless excitement of the Kawarau River. Hold on tight and enjoy the rush of adrenaline as your raft twists and turns through the rushing grade II and III rapids.
Your guide will help you paddle along the river and show you the best way to navigate the rapids. Between the thrills, don't forget to look around as you travel through some of New Zealand’s most spectacular alpine scenery. If you're a Lord of the Rings fan, you may recognize some of your surrounds from the movie trilogy.
At the end of your rafting adventure, warm up with a sauna and hot shower at the rafting base, and perhaps reward your new or improved rafting skills with a well-earned hot chocolate, beer or snack (available for purchase from the licensed bar).
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Departs at 8am
Departs at 1pm
Kawarau River Rafting
- Use of hot showers and sauna facilities
- Wetsuit, rafting clothing and all other equipment provided
- Extensive safety instructions and paddling techniques
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 13 years. Children aged between 13 and 15 years must be accompanied by a guardian
- All travelers between the age of 15 and 18 years require a waiver to be signed by a guardian if they are unaccompanied
- You must bring a swimsuit and towel
- Travelers MUST have a "minimum weight" of 88 pounds (40kg) to participate on this tour
- Water confidence although not essential is recommended
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: sungkeun l, January 2017
Reviewed by: Mei Leng N, September 2016
The only complaint I had.. it was too short!!! We enjoy so much and just wouldn't want to leave...Too fun and hope to do it again