- Get off the beaten track in a 4x4
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Small-group tour
- Led by a local guide
With original VW engines and a stick-shift transmission, these vehicles have amazing speed and agility. Whether or not you choose to share the driving of your 4-person buggy with another party, you’ll enjoy an unbeatable adventure through 115 miles (190 km) of rugged interior in the Dominican Republic.
Start your journey by driving to Uvero Alto, a famous beach town on the northeast side of the island. From there, you'll head inland towards Nissibon, passing workers in the rice fields tending to their crops. On the way, stop at a typical Dominican colmado (grocery store) for a refreshing soft drink.
Then, steer through Playa La Vacama and drive approximately 9 miles (15 km) on a secluded, palm-fringed beach. Feel free to jump off your dune buggy and take a refreshing swim in the ocean to cool off! Afterward, drive over to Lemon Lagoon, where you'll be served a delicious lunch at the Hotel La Cueva.
You’ll have some free time to enjoy the hotel facilities before your guide leads your small group on a scenic, 10-minute horseback ride along the shore of the gorgeous beach. Afterward, jump back in your dune buggy and make your way to Zadanja for another stop at a colmado. Enjoy a soft drink, snack and quick visit with the locals before driving back to the Punta Cana area where you’ll be dropped off at your hotel.
Please note: dune buggies have manual transmissions and operate with a 4-speed stick shift. No training is available and drivers must know how to drive a manual transmission.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Shared Dune Buggy
Dune buggies fit up to 4 passengers and you may be sharing yours with another party. However, everyone will take turns driving!
Private Dune Buggy
Dune buggies fit up to 4 passengers but this option is if you want the dune buggy for just your party of 2. There will be more driving for you!
Triple Dune Buggy
Dune buggies fit up to 3 passengers! One seat will be unoccupied.
Punta Cana Full Day Dune Buggy Adventure to Laguna Limon
- Full-day dune buggy adventure
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Drinks, snacks and lunch
- Horseback ride
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- All children must be able to sit in a seat by themselves and must be accompanied by an adult
- Dune buggies have manual transmissions and operate with a 4-speed stick shift
- All drivers must present a valid driver's license
- Drivers must wear closed toe shoes
- Maximum group size is 12 people
- Maximum weight per buggy is 800 pounds
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- No alcohol is permitted prior or during the tour
- Approximate driving distance is 115 miles (190 km)
- The route of the tour can be altered by the guide due to certain circumstances
- Please bring with you a swimsuit, towel and sunscreen. Each buggy has a small compartment which can fit a backpack
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: hchiv, January 2017
We had an absolutely wonderful time. It was so much fun to be driving all throughout the Dominican Republic countryside. We stopped at this incredibly beautiful hotel minutes from the beach, in the middle of nowhere and had a great Dominican lunch. We got totally covered in mud on the way. We loved that it went to not touristy areas. We got to see Dominican life and how beautiful the country is. Would totally do another tour with the tour group.
Reviewed by: allan, December 2016
Charlie was great and the tour was easily the most fun tour I've done in a long time! Given we've been marooned on our resort until this trip, it gives a good perspective of what the DR is really like. If you take one thing away from this review, it's that you should not bring clothes you care about. You WILL get mud everywhere and it's unavoidable now matter how good a driver you think you might be. Even though it's mentioned in the tour info, be sure someone in your group is comfortable with driving a manual transmission...my buggy had a fussy tranny as it gave me a fair bit of trouble downshifting and I've been driving stick daily for 15 years. Charlie instructed his guy to check it out as soon as we got back, but I was stuck with it for the 100 miles. There are very reasonably priced photos available for purchase after the trip that get burned to CD I just need to find a DVD drive somewhere now.