Numbers are limited to 20 people on this small-group tour, ensuring you'll receive personalized attention from your guide. And by booking ahead, you won't waste any time waiting in line!
- Includes free admission to top local attractions
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Round-trip train fares
- Skip the line
The Palace and Gardens of Versailles are just a quick walk from the train station. Arriving at 10am, start with a 2-hour walking tour of the beautifully manicured Versailles Gardens as your guide explains the history of Versailles, the royal family, Marie Antoinette and the French Revolution.
Your tour also includes the famous Versailles fountain display or musical gardens show on selected days in the summer.
- Versailles Fountain Display: See the magnificent Versailles fountain display, known as the Grand Eaux. It’s a wonderful live concert held in the groves, designed by André Le Nôtre, where you can watch the fountains explode to the sounds of music. The show runs on most Tuesdays in May and June and on Saturdays and Sundays from April to October.
- Musical Gardens Show: Be enchanted by the musical gardens show, known as Jardins Musicaux. Enjoy the simple beauty of classical music played in the lovely surroundings of the Versailles Gardens. This event runs on Tuesdays in April and May and from July to October.
Learn about the palace's amazing history from your personal audio guide as you see famous rooms including the Hall of Mirrors, the King's State Apartments and the amazing King's Chapel.
Take your time touring the palace -- there's so much to see and admire! You can walk back to the Versailles train station at any time to return to Paris with your provided train ticket.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Morning departure from Paris by Train. Please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes prior to the departure.
Skip the Line: Versailles Palace and Gardens Day Trip from Paris by Train
- Small-group tour
- Standard-class, round-trip train ticket from Paris to Versailles
- Skip-the-line entrance ticket for the Palace of Versailles
- Entrance ticket to Gardens of Versailles, plus Versailles fountain show and musical gardens (select days in summer only)
- Professional guide for the gardens
- Audio guide in the Palace
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Not wheelchair accessible
- The guided part of the tour is approximately 2 hours. The length of time you spend exploring the Palace and Gardens independently is up to you.
Versailles Fountain Display:
See the magnificent Versailles fountain display, known as the Grand Eaux. It’s a wonderful live concert held in the groves, designed by André Le Nôtre, where you can watch the fountains explode to the sounds of music. The show runs on most Tuesdays in May and June and on Saturdays and Sundays from April to October.
Musical Gardens Show:
Be enchanted by the musical gardens show, known as Jardins Musicaux. Enjoy the simple beauty of classical music played in the lovely surroundings of the Versailles Gardens. This event runs on Tuesdays in April and May and from July to October.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Cindy K, November 2016
Excellent tour and tour guide. Would highly recommend this tour.
Reviewed by: Hilarion S, October 2016
I booked this pretty last minute and it was so well worth it. Our guide Ben Big Ben was very good. Very likable, knowledgeable and overall a great conversationalist.
he gave a lot of background and information to help set the scene. I would highly recommend this tour.
I did the 9:00 A.M tour worked out perfectly. We were able to be some of the first through the doors and avoid the crowds. Although we had skip the line passes, it was still great to be ahead of the crowds and enjoy the views without much fuss.