- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Free drinks included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Choose to end your tour here returning to Florence, or complete your private tour with a traditional Tuscan Dinner in a historic village set in the hills (afternoon departure only). Weather permitting you'll dine under the stars, toasting the finest Chianti Wine.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Morning Departure Tour Only
Morning tour in the Chianti region only. Departing at 9:00am
Afternoon Departure Tour Only
Afternoon tour in the Chianti region only. Departing at 2:45pm
Tour & Dinner
Afternoon tour in the Chianti region including dinner. Departing at 2:45pm
Discover the beauty of the Chianti region
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle (Mercedes for 1 to 3 people or minivan for 4 to 8 people)
- English speaking driver
- Wine tasting with snack in a Chianti farm
- Dinner (if option selected)
- Private wine guide
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Morning or Afternoon tour only duration is 4-hours
- Afternoon tour with dinner duration is 8-hours
Please note that tours are carried out in different areas of the Chianti region. The trip from Florence to Chianti is approximately 40 minutes each way.
Dinner Sample Menu:
2 First Courses: options
- Ribollita (typical vegetable soup)
- Pici all'aglione: (Pasta with dressing made with tomatoes and garlic)
- Taglieatelle al Ragu: (Egg oodles with Bolognese sause)
Second Course: options
- Stracotto al Chianti con Spinach (Stew beef cooked with Chianti wine and spinach)
- Roast pork with potatoes
- Sausage and beans
- Glass of Chianti
- Half litter of mineral water
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: msangalang, September 2016
Where do I start-Marzio our guide was absolutely amazing. We knew it was going to be amazing when he started out with my family is 7 generations Florentine We cannot say enough about the tour we had. We can say that it wouldnt have been the same without Marzio. If you have the ability to ask for a specific guide we highly recommend Marzio. Thank you for such a wonderful experience.
Reviewed by: James L, USA, March 2016
From the minute Marzio picked us up at our apartment in Florence, we began our lessons on the history and people of not only Florence, his native city, but the rest of Tuscany as well. We have been to Florence many times, but we actually learned quite a bit that we didn't know on this tour. Marzio speaks excellent English and is very entertaining - it seemed as though a friend was driving us around, showing us his countryside. The wine tasting itself was wonderful, too - we thoroughly enjoyed the lessons on Chianti wines and olive oils and tasting those delicious products as well as having the chance to order bottles to be shipped home. This is a wonderful excursion and very well worth the extra cost. Highly recommended!