- Instant Confirmation
- Lunch included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- All entrance fees included
- Hotel pickup included
The highlight here is the world-famous Toshogu Shrine, a UNESCO-listed mausoleum of the first Tokugawa Shogunate that ruled Japan until 1868. This gorgeous complex contains more than a dozen colorful structures featuring the superb craftsmanship of Japan's 17th-century artisans, set amid a tranquil forest.
Spend approx. 1.5 hours exploring the Toshogu Shrine your guide, admiring the lavish gold-leaf decorations and ornate details, including five buildings categorized as National Treasures of Japan. Be sure to look out for the famous carving of monkeys depicting the ‘hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil’ proverb.
Take a break for a Japanese lunch (provided, if upgrade selected) and then spend an some time at Lake Chuzenji.
Next, travel to Kegon Waterfall, considered one of the three most beautiful waterfalls in Nikko. You have 30 minutes to capture the perfect picture from the observation deck, located directly in front of the 264-foot (80-meter) cascade, which takes its name from the mist created by the water hitting the rocks below and producing an enchanting fog-like (kirifuri) quality.
Finish your tour at Shinjuku or Ginza stations — Tokyo's most popular shopping and entertainment districts. Browse the stores or relax with dinner and a drink at one of the many restaurants (own expense), before making your own way back to your hotel.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
ANA International Tokyo, Cerulean Tower Tokyu, Courtyard by Marriot Tokyo Ginza, Hamamatsucho Bus Terminal, Hyatt Regency, Keio Plaza Hotel, Metropolitan Tokyo in Ikebukuro, New Sanno, Tokyo Dome, New Otani Tokyo, and Tokyo Station
- 7:40am from Cerulean Tower Tokyu and Metropolitan Tokyo (Ikebukuro)
- 7:50am from New Otani Tokyo
- 8:05am from Hyatt Regency, New Sanno and Keio Plaza Hotel Tokyo
- 8:15am from Courtyard by Marriot Tokyo Ginza and Tokyo Station
- 8:20am from Tokyo Dome and ANA InterContinental Tokyo
- 8:40am from Hamamatsucho Bus Terminal
Concludes at Shinjuku approximately 8:00pm
Tour with Lunch
Tour to Nikko National Park including lunch
Tour to Nikko National Park
Nikko National Park Day Trip from Tokyo
- Round-trip coach to Nikko National Park from Tokyo
- English-speaking guide
- Entrance fees
- Lunch (if option selected)
- Hotel pickup (select hotels only)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel drop off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
- Pickup is only available from select locations in Tokyo. Please refer to “Departure Point” for listed locations and make your selection from the drop-down list at checkout
- A moderate amount of walking is involved; comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Please Note: Heavy traffic due to autumn leaves is expected every year on Irohazaka Winding Road from October 10th to November 8th. Therefore, Kegon Falls and Lake Chuzenji will not be visited during this period. In such cases, one of the following will be visited instead: Taiyuuin Mausoleum at Rinno-ji Temple, Futarasan Shrine, Kirifuri Falls or Tamozawa Imperial Villa
- This tour will depart regardless of weather or traffic conditions, unless you are notified otherwise by the local operator. Viator and your local tour operator will not be responsible for necessary itinerary changes due to unforeseen circumstances
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Marius G, February 2017
We got pick up from the hotel as scheduled and transported to the Hato Bus terminal, from where we took the tour bus.
We ride for about 2 hours until we reach the Nikko Tosho-gu temple. We took this tour during the month of January, however I would strongly recommend to do it during spring or summer. As to get inside some part of the temple is required to take off your shoes, the outside cold make it a little uncomfortable.
After Nikko Tosho-gu temple, we took lunch at a Japanese restaurant. The lunch was very delicious.
We did a brief stop at Lake Chuzenji. The scenery if great, but we had not spend too much time outside due to low temperatures.
The last stop was at Kegon Falls. I recommend to take the elevator to the lower level. Around the parking area, souvenir shops and restaurants can be found.
The bus ride back to Tokyo took another 2 hours. We end our tour at Shinjuku area in Tokyo.
Reviewed by: Lisa G, January 2017
A beautiful trip into snow that provided a more extensive understanding into Japanese culture and traditions. Pick up was organised for us directly from our hotel foyer and the guide was highly organised and knowledgable.