- Treat a loved one on a special occasion
- Likely to Sell Out
- Several menus to choose from
- Free drinks included
The Australian Ballet has a diverse and exciting repertoire of full-length classic ballets and contemporary works from leading international and Australian choreographers. This internationally acclaimed company is hailed for its vibrancy and technical style.
Likely to Sell-out! Sydney Opera House and Australian Ballet Dinner Package regularly sells out weeks in advance. Book now to avoid disappointment
Refer to the "View Additional Info" link below for the Opera Theatre seating map
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
12th December 2016 performance commences at 6:30pm. You can either enjoy a post performance dinner at 10pm or enjoy a tour at an earlier time (on the hour throughout the day) and dine at 5pm.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Aria & A Reserve Ticket
Guided tour of Sydney Opera House; 3-course dinner at Aria Restaurant; A Reserve seating for Australian Ballet Performance at Sydney Opera House
Sydney Opera House and Australian Ballet Dinner Package
- Guided Sydney Opera House tour
- 3-course dinner at Aria Restaurant or 3-tiered tasting plate from Opera Kitchen (depending on your choice)
- A, B or C reserve seating to a world-class Ballet performance
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Your tickets will be held at the theater box office for collection on the day of the performance
- Wheelchair accessible, you MUST advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
A Reserve – A Reserve tickets will normally be more towards the aisle of a row, and will still have a very good view of the whole stage.
B Reserve – B Reserve tickets will be either aisle seats or seats very close to the aisle on either side of a row.
The evening begins with the a guided tour of the Sydney Opera House, then afterwards, you will be taken to Aria Restaurant, Bennelong Restaurant or Opera Kitchen for a pre theatre dinner and then the Ballet, as per your choice from the options below.
2016 Performances at the Sydney Opera House:
Vaslav Nijinsky changed dance forever with his explosive leap and his shockingly sensual choreography, before a dark descent into madness ended his career. John Neumeier, one of the greatest living choreographers of the story ballet and director of the acclaimed Hamburg Ballet, charts Nijinsky’s rise and fall through the vivid memories unfolding in the dancer’s mind during his last performance in a Swiss hotel. He recalls his troubled family, his ill-starred romances and the transcendent performances that brought him fame.
November: 11, 12, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 28
This sparkling tale of magic and micheif romps along to Delibes' lilting score. It's amusing fun for the whole family - but its playful confusion of girl and doll packs a contemporary punch in the "uncanny valley" of the modern era.
December: 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19, 20, 21
Pre-theatre Sample Dinner Menu:
Located on the doorstep of Sydney Opera House, ARIA combines the finest of food and wine, knowledgeable and friendly service with spectacular views of the Harbour Bridge, Circular Quay and of course the Opera House, making ARIA one of Sydney's ultimate dining restaurants.
The ARIA bar boasts an impressive private cellar providing the opportunity to sample some of Australia's rarest and the world's finest wines, with an elegant space for a relaxing drink before dining.
- Shelled Pacific oysters, keriberry, beach banana
- Marmande tomato tartare, black olive, marjoram, caper leaf
- Summer peas, grilled asparagus, stracciatella
- Coral trout sashimi, kombu, fermented chilli
- King George whiting, green tomato, lemon myrtle
- Smoked duck, green almond, cherry
- Ibérico Jamón, white beetroot, macadamia, salt bush
- Eggplant, king brown mushroom, toasted cashew nuts, grains
- John Dory, cauliflower, pipis, red dulse
- Bass grouper, pickled zucchini, smoked vichyssoise, samphire
- Roasted chicken, brioche, fennel, witlof, tarragon
- Roasted lamb loin, braised neck, labneh, cucumber
- Grilled Black Angus grass fed fillet
- Peach, ginger, lime meringue, yuzu sorbet
- Mango, mulberry, buttermilk, mango sorbet
- Watermelon ice cream, strawberry, lychee, pomegranate
- Banana and passionfruit soufflé
- Chocolate and cherry bomb, hazelnut pralin
- Cheese plate. A selection of Australian and international cheeses
Reviewed by: Brian M, January 2017
A great package which included the tour, meal and ticket to the ballet. No hiccups in the entire event which was professionally organised
and lived up to our expectations - well done to all involved.
Reviewed by: Brad M, January 2017
This tour is definitely worth it. I had never seen a ballet before, so I figured the Sydney Opera House was the best place to do it. Don't really think its my thing, but the ballet was still awesome. The dinner at Aria was phenomenal, and our tour guide of the Opera House was very knowledgeable about the history of the building. Highly recommend doing this tour if you are in Sydney.