Enjoy this comprehensive day tour of Canberra, Australian's capital city. Travel south by coach from Sydney through the Goulburn region, one of Australia's premier sheep and wool growing areas, and on to Canberra.
- Instant Confirmation
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
This guided Canberra tour has been carefully designed to ensure you take in all of the main sights of this modern and well planned city of imposing architecture set amongst many beautifully kept gardens and parks to help you gain an insight into the workings of the capital and of Australia
Your tour of Canberra includes the following highlights:
- Stretch your legs during a morning break near quaint Berrima
- Join a guided tour of the National Museum of Australia
- Discover Canberra's salute to all that is Australian, from our diverse cultural mix to current icons such as the famous Hills Hoist
- Enjoy a private guided tour of Parliament House
- Have the opportunity to view the upper or lower Houses of Parliament (when in session)
- See 'The Lodge', the Prime Minister's residence when in Canberra
- Travel the pretty tree lined streets and view diplomatic homes and embassies of many foreign ambassadors
- See Captain Cook Memorial Fountain, the National Library and the High Court
- View Carillon's beautiful bell tower and the gardens of Commonwealth Park
- Hear the history of the ANZACs as we travel along the boulevard dedicated to the participants of two world wars
- Visit the Australian War Memorial, home to an interesting display of war relics
- Travel to the summit of Mt Ainslie for a terrific view of Canberra and surrounds
Your return journey to Sydney will include a short dinner break (own expense).
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Canberra Explorer: Australia's Capital City Tour from Sydney
- Live commentary on board
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Vehicles are collapsible wheelchair accessible, however the driver is unable to assist passengers boarding and disembarking due to insurance regulations
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
7:15am - Crescent on Bayswater
7:30am - Sheraton on the Park
7:25am - Sydney Harbour Marriott
7:35am - YHA Central
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Elsa C, June 2016
Our tour driver Darryl was very knowledgeable and shared lots of stories of Australia. It made the time fly by on our journey. Our guide Bernie was a treasure find - extremely insightful! Bernie showed us the War Memorial Museum, National Art Gallery, and Parliament. Just a great time! This is a must-see. You will value the history!
Reviewed by: Michelle Y, Australia, February 2016
Fantastic tour! Michael was a lovely guide - funny, punctuate and a good driver! Such an educational and valuable tour it was. Would recommend to wear comfy clothes :