Book by March 13, 2017 and travel by March 13, 2018 to save 20% off our previously offered price!
Enjoy this comprehensive day tour of Canberra, Australian's capital city. Travel south by coach from Sydney through the Goulburn region, one of Australia's premier sheep and wool growing areas, and on to Canberra.
- Instant Confirmation
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
This guided Canberra tour has been carefully designed to ensure you take in all of the main sights of this modern and well planned city of imposing architecture set amongst many beautifully kept gardens and parks to help you gain an insight into the workings of the capital and of Australia
Your tour of Canberra includes the following highlights:
- Stretch your legs during a morning break near quaint Berrima
- Join a guided tour of the National Museum of Australia
- Discover Canberra's salute to all that is Australian, from our diverse cultural mix to current icons such as the famous Hills Hoist
- Enjoy a private guided tour of Parliament House
- Have the opportunity to view the upper or lower Houses of Parliament (when in session)
- See 'The Lodge', the Prime Minister's residence when in Canberra
- Travel the pretty tree lined streets and view diplomatic homes and embassies of many foreign ambassadors
- See Captain Cook Memorial Fountain, the National Library and the High Court
- View Carillon's beautiful bell tower and the gardens of Commonwealth Park
- Hear the history of the ANZACs as we travel along the boulevard dedicated to the participants of two world wars
- Visit the Australian War Memorial, home to an interesting display of war relics
- Travel to the summit of Mt Ainslie for a terrific view of Canberra and surrounds
Your return journey to Sydney will include a short dinner break (own expense).
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Canberra Explorer: Australia's Capital City Tour from Sydney
- Live commentary on board
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Vehicles are collapsible wheelchair accessible, however the driver is unable to assist passengers boarding and disembarking due to insurance regulations
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
7:15am - Crescent on Bayswater
7:30am - Sheraton on the Park
7:25am - Sydney Harbour Marriott
7:35am - YHA Central
Reviewed by: Marvin M, January 2017
The day was long, but the tour was great! I do not think there is enough to see in Canberra for a dedicated visit of several days there, but it is a must see destination and the day trip I took provided a comprehensive overview of the city. If you are an art buff and want to spend hours at a time gazing at pictures you might want to book several days in the city, but the day long tour from Sydney was sufficient for me when my time in Australia was so limited.
Reviewed by: Elsa C, June 2016
Our tour driver Darryl was very knowledgeable and shared lots of stories of Australia. It made the time fly by on our journey. Our guide Bernie was a treasure find - extremely insightful! Bernie showed us the War Memorial Museum, National Art Gallery, and Parliament. Just a great time! This is a must-see. You will value the history!