Friday Harbor Day Trip & Whale Watching from Seattle
- Seasonal Offer
Upon arrival in the San Juan Islands take a 2.5-hour Whale & Sealife Cruise and continue your cruise through the waters of the San Juan Islands. The whale watching tour departs Friday Harbor at approximately 12:00 pm and returns at 2:30 pm. This 2.5-hour wildlife adventure is great for viewing orcas and other sea life in their natural habitats. The islands are home to 3 whale families, or pods, that migrate to the island waters for the summer months. You'll then have approximately 2 hours to spend in town shopping and sightseeing from 2:30-4:30 pm. At 5:00 pm you'll begin your trip back Seattle and will arrive at Seattle's Pier 69 at approximately 7:45 pm. Please note: Whale sightings are guaranteed. If you don’t see whales on your trip, you are given a free trip to come back.
Please note: Whale sightings are not guaranteed.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
- Depart from Seattle: 8:15 am
- Arrive at Friday Harbor: 11:45 am
- Whale and Sealife Search: 12:00 pm - 2:30 pm (included)
- Free time in Friday Harbor: 2:30-4:30 pm
- Depart from Friday Harbor: 5:00 pm
- Arrive at Seattle: 7:45pm
Returns to original departure point
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Ferry Service from Seattle
- Same-day round-trip ferry service
- 2.5-hour guided cruise on the Whale and Sea Life Search
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This is a passenger-only ferry service. Autos, bikes, etc. are not allowed
- Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: David B, July 2016
Everything and more we expected
Reviewed by: Janine A, October 2015
Really had a nice time. The sea is calm in the sound, so no motion sickness. The views are great and the crew was knowledgeable about local history and whale behavior. Saw a humpback breach - twice and learned that you can guess where the whales are by the birds behavior - very cool. Friday Harbor was a typical tourist area - cute, great for lunch after whale watching, but I would not have known what to do had we been there much longer. I didn't try the shipboard food, but it seemed adequate.