- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Lunch included
- Small group ensures personal service
You'll travel by air-conditioned minivan to the less-touristy Mutianyu section of the Great Wall of China, located 56 miles (90 kilometers) from Beijing. This section of the Great Wall offers unparalleled views from the Ming Dynasty watchtowers. Walk at your own pace as you traverse the wall to the watchtowers, becoming immersed in the history and myths told by your local guide. Along the way, you will have great views and photo opportunities of the wall snaking through the beautiful countryside. You can choose to descend the Great Wall by toboggan or take the scenic cable car.
Scaling the Great Wall will leave you with an appetite.You’ll get the opportunity to try some Chinese specialty dishes as you enjoy a traditional lunch served in a nearby local village. You'll return to Beijing after lunch.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Great Wall of China Small Group Tour
- Professional guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Entrance fees
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Items of a personal nature
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Minimum age is 6 years
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Many areas of the Great Wall of China are quite steep and have uneven surfaces, comfortable walking shoes with a good grip must be worn
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: stacey h, September 2016
Must do best tour of the trip, enjoyed every moment, Vivian was awesome, the Great Wall lives up to the hype
Reviewed by: Jun C, September 2016
Highly recommend this tour and the passionate tour guide Vivian. Our tour was on Sunday. They picked us up at 7:00am from hotel lobby and we arrived Great Wall before 9:00am. The 1.5 hour road time was quite enjoyable. The city in the early Sunday morning was tranquil. Vivian gave us a casual talk about Great Wall, Beijing the people and the city etc. By arriving early to a less crowded Great Wall section MUTIANYU, we could avoid the crowd and enjoy the fantasitc view without hassle. The time we spent at Great Wall was about 3.5 hours. We had family style lunch in a villiage and then headed back to Hotel. No time was wasted. Well worth the money!