Discover Uluru, Kings Canyon and Alice Springs on this 3-day tour starting at Ayers Rock and ending in Alice Springs. Explore Australia's great Central Desert - watch the sunrise over Uluru (Ayers Rock), visit the magnificent Olga Gorge and Kings Canyon, with their beautiful waterholes and dazzling views. Stop off at a huge cattle station and the remote, early telegraph town of Alice Springs.
- Multi-Day Trip
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- All entrance fees included
- Free drinks included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Hotel pickup included
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
IMPORTANT: Please advise your drop-off location in Alice Springs at the time of booking.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
3-Day Ayers Rock to Alice Springs via Kings Canyon including accommodation in budget hotels
3-Day Ayers Rock to Alice Springs via Kings Canyon including accommodation in standard hotels
3-Day Ayers Rock to Alice Springs via Kings Canyon including accommodation in superior hotels
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Airport pickup
- Accommodation as per itinerary
- Touring of Ayers Rock and The Olgas
- Sunset drinks
- Sunrise viewing over Ayers Rock
- Kings Canyon rim walk
- National Park entry fees
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Please advise at time of booking if you require a disabled room
- At time of booking, you must include your flight details (flight number and arrival time).
- Additional documentation for this tour will be made available to you upon check in at your hotel in Ayers Rock. Your document package will include extra vouchers for your tour, any transfers details that may be included, as well as a full tour itinerary and hotel contact lists
- Maximum of 3 passengers per room. If you are traveling with a party of 4 travelers or more, you must make 2 separate bookings
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Infant are free provided they do not occupy a seat
- Luggage must not exceed 20kg per person
- On day 3, during the hotter months of the year where temperatures can reach and exceed 36° C or 97° F, the Watarrka National Park Rangers strongly advise that visitors do not take part in the Kings Canyon Rim Climb. Heat exhaustion, over these hotter months, is a very high possibility and a danger in such remote regions. To ensure the safety and enjoyment of our clients we offer a guided walk along the Kings Canyon creek-bed as an alternative. It is essential for all rim walkers during the hotter months to have 3-litres of water – iced water is available to top up bottles on board the coach.
On arrival at Ayers Rock Airport you will be transferred to your hotel. This afternoon travel around the base of Uluru in comfort as your Driver Guide provides informative commentary about the numerous sacred sites and geographical features to be found at Uluru. Continue by coach to the Kuniya Walk where your Driver Guide will escort you to the beautiful Mutitjulu Waterhole. View Aboriginal rock paintings and learn about the area as your Driver Guide points out native flora and explains the Aboriginal and European history of Uluru. Later visit the Uluru – Kata Tjuta Cultural Centre, where you can learn about Aboriginal culture and purchase Aboriginal arts and crafts.
In the late afternoon, travel to the Uluru sunset viewing area. Witness the striking colour changes of Uluru at sunset while enjoying canapés and a complimentary glass of wine.
Overnight: choice of accommodation, Ayers Rock
Day 2: Uluru (Ayers Rock) & Kata Tjuta (Olgas) – Kings Canyon
Rise early this morning to travel to the Uluru sunrise viewing area. Watch the first rays of the sun set the Red Centre alight while enjoying a warming cup of tea, coffee or hot chocolaste. Then travel to the mystical 36 domes of Kata Tjuta. On the way enjoy panoramic views of the southern side of Kata Tjuta before arriving at the base of Walpa Gorge. Spend some time exploring the gorge and the unusual conglomerate rock formations. The walking trail through Walpa Gorge follows the natural creek between two of the tallest domes of Kata Tjuta. Time may be available for an optional helicopter flight (own expense). In the early afternoon depart for Kings Canyon Resort.
In the early afternoon, travel by luxury coach through spectacular desert scenery on your way to Kings Canyon Resort. Pass through Curtin Springs cattle station before viewing Atila (Mt. Conner) from the coach. After turning off the Lasseter Highway and onto the Luritja Road your Driver/Guide will provide informative commentary about the history of the surrounding cattle stations. After you arrive at Kings Canyon Resort there may be time to view the sun set behind Carmichaels Crag, or attend the award winning ‘Under the Desert Moon’ dinner, exclusive to Kings Canyon Resort (own expense).
Overnight: choice of accommodation, Kings Canyon
Day 3: Kings Canyon – Alice Springs
This morning join a guided climb to the rim of the canyon for marvellous views of Watarrka National Park. Follow the rim of the canyon stopping to look down into the canyon gorge at look-out points. Time permitting, you may choose to descend into the green oasis of the 'Garden of Eden'. The rim walk takes approximately 3 hours to complete and is rocky and steep in parts. It is recommended for those with a good level of fitness. Alternatively, you may wish to take an easier, shorter walk to explore the boulder strewn canyon floor.
Stop at Kings Creek Station to purchase lunch (own expense) and take some time to explore this working cattle station. Travel through beautiful desert landscapes on your way to Alice Springs. Informative commentary is provided by your Driver/Guide. Stop at Erldunda Roadhouse for the opportunity to purchase afternoon tea (own expense). Continue on to Alice Springs along the Stuart Highway, as the sun sets in the west over the rugged plains.
If you cancel within 6 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: zorro, November 2015
This tour was great. Ayers Rock/Uluru was great, but as expected the area was very crowded and the flies were pretty bad, but we still had a great experience and we are very glad we visited Uluru. The most amazing part of the tour was Kings Canyon Resort which was beautiful, peaceful, and quite. We did a three hour and half hike 6.5 Kilometeres to the top of Kings Canyon and walked through the rim of the mountain which had spectacular views.
This tour is expensive but worth every penny. I couldn't imagine visiting Australia without visiting the outback.
Reviewed by: JAMES W, July 2015
Everything was fantastic and we had a great time. The coach drivers were particularly helpful and knowledgeable. Couldn't find fault with anything