- Family friendly
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
As you step outside into Sanctuary Valley, the world’s first fully fenced, urban eco-sanctuary, look and listen for more than30 species of native birds and reptiles, including tuatara, saddleback, hihi, takahe and many more. Zealandia’s 500-year vision is to restore the Sanctuary Valley as close as possible to its pre-human state.
To gain greater insight, you can join the Zealandia rangers for free talks at 12pm, 1pm, 2pm or 3pm daily.
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Closes: 5:00pm daily
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
- Entry to the Exhibition and Sanctuary Valley
- Visitor guide and map
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Last entry is at 4.00pm
- Cafe and gift store available
To Zealandia from Wellington
- i-Site: 9:30am, 10:30am, 11:30am, 12:30pm, 1:30pm, 2:30pm
- Te Papa: 9:35am, 10:35am, 11:35am, 12:35pm, 1:35pm, 2:35pm
- YHA: 9:40am, 10:40am, 11:40am, 12:40pm, 1:40pm, 2:40pm
- Rydges: 9:50am, 10:50am, 11:50am, 12:50pm, 1:50pm, 2:50pm
- Novotel: 9:55am, 10:55am, 11:55am, 12:55pm, 1:55pm, 2:55pm
- Top Cable Car: 10:00am, 11:00am, 12:00pm, 1:00pm, 2:00pm, 3:00pm
From ZEALANDIA returning to i-Site
- ZEALANDIA: 10:15am, 11:15am, 12:15pm, 1:15pm, 2:15pm, 4:00pm, 5:00pm
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Vivienne B, February 2016
Spend a very enjoyable couple of hours at Zealandia, mostly in Sanctuary Valley. Unfortunately due to time we were unable to spend time in the exhibition. Shuttle Bus is free which is wonderful but unfortunately we just missed one and had to wait an hour for the next. Just make sure you get a timetable when booking so you have lots of time to enjoy this beautiful site.
Reviewed by: bknute72, United States of America, February 2016
This was a beautiful park to walk around and view the birds as well as the forest. We took the cable car up the mountain, then the free shuttle to the park. Spent a couple hours here, could have spent many more exploring all the trails. Well worth the money.