- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Get inside tips from a local
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
Plug into your provided headset to ensure you can hear your guide’s commentary clearly, and then, with your skip-the-line ticket, bypass the main entrance queues and head inside. Begin by exploring the grandiose public chambers, whose walls are studded with masterpieces by Renaissance artists Tintoretto and Veronese.
See Juno Bestowing her Gifts on Venice, a vibrant ceiling panel in the Trial Chambers of the Council of Ten, and the slot where accusations of treason were passed to Venice’s feared secret service. Learn, too, about the extravagant doges and hear of the power and treachery that characterized their reign.
Then, wander across the world-famous Bridge of Sighs, which was built to connect the palace to the network of prisons established by the doges so they could keep a close eye on their foes. Look out over the historical waterways and pose for photos.
End your tour with a walk around the eerie New Prisons before bidding your guide a fond farewell outside the palace.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Tour departs at 9am
USD $54.37Pricing details
Tour departs at 1pm
USD $54.37Pricing details
Skip the Line: Venice Walking Tour with Doges Palace
- Skip-the-line admission to Doge's Palace
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Denis John W, October 2016
Another great trip arranged through Viator, Cannot speak highly enough of them. Tour was very interesting and the guide was very passionate about it all , A very thorough guide who really knew her stuff. Would recommend this tour.
Reviewed by: gwen.dupre, October 2016
Great tour. Our tour guide was great -- VERY knowledgeable and very animated. I was much impressed with the Doge's Palace, as well as going over and thru the Bridge of Sighs which was under renovation last time I visited Venice - 6 years ago.