Next, you'll explore the famous open-air Rialto fruit and fish market, where local traders come to sing, shout and sell their wares. The site of this historic market between Campo delle Beccarie and the Grand Canal was established more than 600 years ago. While St Mark's Square was the political center of Venice, the Rialto was its commercial heart. The Ponte di Rialto was the first bridge built over the Grand Canal, and it was here, on the highest point in the city, that Venice was founded.
This is a personalized tour with an English-speaking guide who is passionate about the magical city of Venice, and who will help you unlock its many secrets. Get the most out of your stay in Venice and book a private walking tour!
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Departs at 9am
Departs at 11am
Departs at 1pm
Departs at 3pm
Rialto Fruit and Fish Market, San Polo and Frari Church Private Walking Tour
- Professional guide
- Private walking tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entrance fees to Frari Church (approx. from €2.50 to €3)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 5 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- On Sunday mornings it is not possible to enter any of the visited churches due to religious functions taking place. Rialto Market is closed every Sunday and Monday. These closures are beyond our control so no refunds or discounts will be issued
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: catherinerhoff, June 2016
Really enjoyed this tour, even though we had terrible weather. Our guide was great!
Reviewed by: Kyle F, June 2016
Our guide was great and very knowledgeable about Venice. Told us all the history as well as was very friendly and held great conversation!