- Instant Confirmation
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Relax on the drive as the winding Great Ocean Road hugs the coast, running beside a string of surf beaches to reach the seaside holiday resort of Apollo Bay.
After lunch (own expense), continue your journey along the legendary Great Ocean Road to the limestone rock formations known as the Twelve Apostles. Once joined to the coast, see how the rocks have been eroded over millions of years into the craggy pillars you see today. Go for a stroll along the cliff top or follow winding beach trails at this beautiful wild and windy spot.
At Loch Ard Gorge, hear how this dramatic landscape has a tragic side, as you listen to the tale of the British ship Loch Ard that ran aground near Muttonbird Island in 1878. The two sole survivors came ashore at sheltered Loch Ard Gorge, where you can read the plaques describing why this stretch of shoreline is known as the Shipwreck Coast.
Your last stop on the Great Ocean Road is the seaside village of Port Campbell, sheltered by the surrounding cliffs and Norfolk pines. Browse the boutiques and galleries, or stop for afternoon tea (own expense) at one of the town's many cafes.
Relax on the return trip to Melbourne, returning to the city at around 7:30pm.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Great Ocean Road Tour
Great Ocean Road day trip from Melbourne
USD $129.30Pricing details
Great Ocean Road
- Live commentary on board
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- National Park fees
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- A small amount of walking is involved
- Vehicles are collapsible wheelchair accessible, however the driver is unable to assist passengers boarding and disembarking due to insurance regulations
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
- Children 7 years and under cannot be seated in the front two rows of the vehicle and must be seated behind a protected seat
7:10am Adara East Apartments
7:25am Adina Grand Apartments
7:10am Atlantis Hotel
6:50am Bayside Eden
6:50am Bayview on the Park
6:50am Como Hotel
7:20am Crown Metropol
7:15am Crown Promenade
7:20am Crown Towers
7:25am Crowne Plaza
7:05am Downtowner on Lygon
7:00am Hilton Southwharf
7:20am Holiday Inn Flinders
7:25am Hotel Sofia
7:30am Ibis Hotel Therry Street
7:25am Ibis Styles Kingsgate Hotel
7:35am Intercontinental Hotel The Rialto
7:25am Kings Street Backpackers
7:10am Langham Hotel
7:10am Magnolia Court
7:05am Mantra on Jolimont
7:35am Mantra on Russell
7:20am Mantra on the Park
7:30am Marriott Hotel
7:15am Melbourne Short Stay Apartments
7:30am Mercure Grand on Swanston
6:55am Mercure Pullman Albert Park
7:15am Mercure Treasury Gardens
7:30am Mercure Welcome Hotel
7:10am Miami Hotel
6:40am Novotel Bayside
7:30am Novotel Collins
7:20am Oaks on Market
7:25am Park Hyatt
7:15am Pullman on the Park
7:15am Radisson Flagstaff
7:40am Rendezvous Hotel
7:00am Rydges Carlton
7:20am Rydges Melbourne
7:00am Seasons Botanical
7:15am Sofitel Hotel
7:25am Stamford Plaza
7:05am Travelodge Docklands
7:05am Travel Inn Carlton
7:15am Vibe Savoy
7:15am Windsor Hotel
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: alfred h, February 2017
Really enjoyed this tour. Saw some amazing sights, weather was perfect, what more could you ask for?
Reviewed by: Paul R, Australia, February 2017