Save 10% by booking the English Tour by February 28, 2017. See pricing options for complete details.
Enjoy a more intimate experience on this small-group tour, limited to 20 people at most.
One of the world’s oldest art museums, the Uffizi was built by architect Giorgio Vasari in the 16th century to house government offices. It was only later that the building was used to showcase art collected by Florence’s ruling Medici family, and not until 1769 that it was turned into a public museum.
The repository of more 1,500 works dating from Greek times to the 18th century, the core of the Uffizi is its unmissable collection of Renaissance art. Your tour concentrates on these, as your guide leads you around the highlights of the Renaissance rooms, home to great works by Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and others.
Enter the spectacular Botticelli Room and wonder at his The Birth of Venus and Primavera as your guide explains their composition and meaning, and the nature of Botticelli’s genius.
Then, continue to see masterpieces such as da Vinci’s breathtaking Annunciation, Michelangelo’s Doni Tondo and works by Rafael. Throughout, your guide will recount fascinating insights into the lives of the artists in question, and tell stories about the patrons who contributed to the magnificent museum.
During your tour, pay a visit to the Uffizi's rooftop terrace and soak up its gorgeous views of the Arno River, Ponte Vecchio bridge and Piazza degli Uffizi, the museum’s statue-lined inner courtyard.
Your tour ends inside the museum, leaving you free to stay and explore independently until closing time. Alternatively, exit the museum after your tour ends to explore more of Florence.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Tour departs at 1:30pm
USD $40.64Pricing details
Tour departs at 16:30pm
USD $42.57Pricing details
Skip The Line: Uffizi Gallery Tou
- Professional guide
- Entrance ticket to the Uffizi Gallery
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Use of supplied headsets (where needed)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- No food, drink or photography permitted inside the Uffizi Gallery
- Please note that no large bags are permitted in the Uffizi Gallery. Please do not bring any large bags/backpacks with you
- We regret that we are unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or mobility impairments on our tours
- We regret that we are unable to accommodate pushchairs or strollers on our tours
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Jacob W, January 2017
Our guide loved her job and her city. It's a bit of a rushed tour. But I'd recommend to get an overview of the Uffizi and skip the line
Reviewed by: Mike D, January 2017
This is the only way to see a wonderful and iconic sight