- All-inclusive tour
- Excellent value for money
- Instant Confirmation
- Lunch included
The Cinque Terre takes its name from the five picturesque fishing villages of Riomaggiore, Manarola, Corniglia, Vernazza and Monterosso. Each town has a distinct character, but all share alleys, arches and steep stone steps, best explored on foot. An idyllic snapshot of old-world Italy, the villages are surrounded by sunny beaches, narrow lanes lined with shops and stalls, brightly colored fishing boats, seaside promenades and sleepy piazzas.
The ancient trails are rough but manageable. Be prepared for the hiking – although the path is open to everyone, remember that the ground can be slippery, uneven, and in places steep and narrow. The charm of the area is that it is natural and unspoilt, so do not expect hand rails or safety rails when steps are steep or when the path is close to the edge.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Cinque Terre Hiking Day Trip from Florence
- Local guide
- 40-minute boat ride (weather permitting)
- Rail travel between villages, where necessary
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Meals as per itinerary (L=lunch)
- Entry into Cinque Terre National Park
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- Suitable walking shoes required – no flip-flops. Suggestions: walking boots or sneakers, closed toe shoes with non-slip soles.
- If you want to swim during free time, please remember to bring your own towel and swimwear.
- On rare occasions the boat ride will stop operating due to bad weather or strong winds. It is beyond our control so no refunds or discounts will be issued.
- A large amount of walking is involved. You must be of average fitness and be able to keep up with the rest of the group.
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking difficulties, below average fitness, or young children.
- Minimum age is 12 years.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Lucy A, August 2016
The tour was the best we ever experienced a great value. Our tour guides, Giada and Fabian were outstanding....they were very informative, personable, and entertaining. We absolutely loved the tour. An amazing hike through all the villages, time to swim, shop and eat, and of course take a million pics! It was unforgettable, and, we hope to go back. Thank you!
Reviewed by: Al D, August 2016
I booked this through Viator and had a great time. Our guide Johnny was fantastic and did a great job keeping us all together, showing us around and doing so with a smile and a positive attitude. I enjoyed meeting the others in the group about 30 of us and Cinque Terre was absolutely stunning. A few comments to help:
- The bus is similar to a nice coach/greyhound bus in the States. it has A/C and holds about 50 people there were 30 of us, so some empty seats
- Its about a 2.30 minute bus ride to Cinque Terre and we stopped about halfway through on the way there for a bio break. On the return to Florence, we actually took the train to La Spezia and the bus drove us back. They aim to get you back around 8-830 but I think we ended up in around 9-ish
- There is a hike, and there are some rigorous parts but overall I felt it was manageable. I'm a 20-something health/active person If you don't think you want to or can handle the hike you can always take train between the towns
- We ended up taking the boat ride back the sea was calm and it was pretty cool. Cross your fingers as it was really neat
- Pro Tip On the way there, recommend you sit on the left side of the bus. It seemed like there were a lot more cooler views on that side than on the right not a huge deal, as you'll see plenty when you get there
Overall I had a great experience in Cinque Terre and Walkabout was fantastic. Hats off to Johnny and Mauro!