- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Free snacks included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Small group ensures personal service
As you discover different types of sweets and chocolates, your guide will explain how the sweets tradition in Spain started in monasteries centuries ago, when nuns would create elaborate homemade delicacies.
Next, follow your guide through the charming alleyways of the Gothic quarter, where most patisseries, chocolate shops and cafés are located, and where locals gather for a sweet treat. Learn from your guide how chocolate became such a big tradition in Barcelona and take this opportunity to taste some traditional cocoa.
Enjoy the blend of sweet aromas as you continue your tour toward the El Born district and the beautiful Church of Santa Maria del Mar.
Getting close to the end of your tour you will taste one of the very typical Spanish Christmas nougat, turrón. It has persisted in Spanish tradition for over five centuries and is considered one of the favorites Spanish sweets. Finish your tour with a visit to traditional bar which is popular among locals. Here you will taste Spanish hot chocolate accompanied by a churros.
Please note: tasting locations and food samples may vary according to season.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
3394SWESmall-Group Barcelona Chocolate and Sweets Walking Tour
- Gourmet walking tour with an English speaking specialized guide
- 5 stops with more than 10 tastings with chocolates, sweets and drinks
- Free WiFi at the meeting point
- All local taxes
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Minimum age for wine tastings is 18 years
- Children under three years go free, but will not get any food tastings
- Tasting locations and food samples may vary according to season.
- Food samples may contain egg and nuts
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please note: Supplier cannot provide food substitutions for vegans or any other food restrictions (such as gluten-free or dairy-free). Food Tours have been designed to highlight the best and most distinctive foods from each establishment.
- Please note: If you are allergic to dried fruits or nuts this tour is not recommended since all chocolates contain trace of dried fruits or nuts.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Kinsey W, November 2016
It was three people on our tour plus our guide. The guide was very knowledgeable, having studied a lot of the history and culture surrounding the food we were eating and the locations visited. All the samples would have equaled the cost of the tour, if not come out ahead, so it was a true bargain to not only get the samples but also have a local lead you around the city and answer questions. Fairly easy to find location, it's a glass-front building and you might have to knock if you're there too early.
Reviewed by: Pamela K, September 2016
Tour guide was amazing. She tailored the tour to our interests, knew about the chocolate, knew about the city, and knew the people at the locations we visited. We not only tasted some wonderful chocolate, but we also learned a lot about Barcelona. Can't recommend it highly enough!