- Small-group tour
- Led by a local guide
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Ideal choice for families
- Fully narrated tour
- Family friendly
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
This sunset and stargazing adventure begins when you board your “Big Red Jeep” and depart on an open-air Jeep ride into the desert. Your expert guide explains the ecology of this desert environment and takes you to see one of its unique features: an oasis of native palms. There you can see water from an underground creek that has been forced up to the surface by the fault lines, creating a green oasis that supports a range of plant and animal life.
Then go to a recreated Native American site that illustrates how the native Cahuilla people managed to live in this harsh climate. See homes, a sweat lodge and artifacts, and hear details about survival skills needed for living in the desert. Your guide also shares details about life for early American and European settlers in the area. Next up, get a close look at the San Andreas fault on an easy walk into a slot canyon. Your guide shows you parts of the rock that reveal the region's unique geology and discusses the impact of the collision of the Pacific and North American plates, including earthquakes. Drive through other sections of the fault for another perspective.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
- Daily: (October – May)
- Monday – Saturday (June – September)
1 PM Departure – (available October to May)
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
3-hour tour; 8:30am Departure daily October to May and (Monday – Saturday) June – September
3-hour tour; 1pm departure October to May only
San Andreas Fault Small-Group Jeep Tour from Palm Springs
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (select hotels)
- Open-air Jeep eco-tour
- All admissions & fees
- Granola snaks
- Bottled water
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drink (unless otherwise specified)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Closed-toe shoes, a hat and sunscreen are strongly advised
- As desert temperatures may vary, dressing in layers would be advised
- Sunscreen and hats are advised
- Please call the reservation's desk a day or two before your tour at (760) 324-5337 to confirm your pickup time and location. Failure to call, however, will NOT result in cancellation of the tour.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Melissa F, April 2016
Dick was an Amazing tour guide! I would do this again.
Reviewed by: patricia b, March 2015
We loved it, especially our guide. She was very knowledgeable about all aspects of the desert (probably since she was a former forest ranger) . we all learned a lot and saw some awesome scenery.