- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Fully narrated tour
When your stopover in La Jolla comes to an end, you’ll travel to the next highlight of your San Diego tour, the USS Midway! This decommissioned aircraft carrier is now a museum – you’ll find more than 60 different naval aviation exhibits and even a collection of 25 restored WWII aircraft. This museum is truly a WWII-buff’s dream.
Next, you will continue along the Southern California coast to Coronado Island. This beautiful island is home to the Hotel Del Coronado, the largest all-wood building in America, made famous by Marilyn Monroe in the movie Some Like it Hot. It's a favorite among heads of state, US presidents and Hollywood’s most famous stars. After you’ve explored Coronado, you will travel Old Town San Diego.
San Diego’s Old Town was founded in 1769 and is the site of the first European settlement on the West Coast. In Old Town, you’ll find the original village, including five original adobe buildings, the Whaley House (rumored to be haunted) and much more. You’ll also have time to visit the world market, Bazaar Del Mundo. Browse the market’s wares before returning to your coach for the scenic drive back to Los Angeles!
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Los Angeles Farmers Market or Four Points Sheraton Culver City
(specific departure locations provided on voucher)
7:00am Departure – Four Points Sheraton Culver City
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
San Diego Day Trip
San Diego day trip from Los Angeles
San Diego Day Trip from Los Angeles
- Professional tour guide
- Transportation by 15-passenger van or a full-sized bus
- Sightseeing in La Jolla, San Diego and Coronado Island
- Admission to the Aircraft Carrier Midway
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- For tours with fewer guests, vans may be substituted
- Tours can be bilingual/multilingual as they are offered in many different languages
- Children under the age of 2 are free, please advise at time of booking if infant is traveling
- Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: gabriela p, August 2016
San Diego was a beautiful place to visit, really great. The guide was so much fun. I actually went alone and got ended up on a private tour. Loved San Diego!
Reviewed by: Dan L, United States of America, June 2016
Great tour. Great guide. Smooth trip. Very glad we went. Thank you!