- Scenic helicopter flight
- Small group ensures personal service
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Small-group Franz Josef Glacier walk departing at 8:15am, returning at 12:15pm
Small-group Franz Josef Glacier walk departing at 9am, returning at 1pm
Small-group Franz Josef Glacier walk departing at 10:40am, returning at 2:40pm
Small-group Franz Josef Glacier walk departing at 11:25am, returning at 3:25pm
Small-Group Franz Josef Glacier Walk
- Round-trip helicopter flights to Franz Josef Glacier
- 3-hours (approx.) guided glacier walk
- Glacier Hot Pools
- All hiking equipment (Gore-tex jackets, over trousers, woolen hats and gloves, leather boots, crampons)
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Minimum age is 12 years
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Glacier walks are moderately difficult, clients need to be fit and able. Refunds will not be available for clients who cannot participate on the day due to inappropriate fitness levels, i.e. it is important you are selecting the right trip for your physical fitness ability. Guides reserve the right to curtail or cancel trips for clients whose fitness is not appropriate
- Operates in most weather conditions, please dress appropriately. Two to four warm upper- body layers of clothing are recommended, quick-drying trousers or shorts (no jeans), a hat and gloves, sunglasses, sunscreen and a camera
- Please bring a bathing suit for the Glacier Hot Pools
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Not wheelchair accessible
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Andrey G, January 2017
We had a great time on the walk and our guide Andrew was excellent. He told us stories about how the glacier got its Maori and English names, told us about the features of the glacier, and guided us through some tricky portions with patience and good advice. He also had a great sense of humor. It's amazing being on the glacier, and we were lucky to get a chance to do so due to good weather it was raining on previous days. Highly recommend going if you're moderately physically fit.
Reviewed by: matthewjohndunn86, December 2016
Guide was passionate and informative. Overall great experience and highly recommend!
Just a tip, tour information says to wear 3-5 layers of upper body clothing underneath the jacket and pants they provide you with, this is really not necessary on hot days or in summer months. We did the tour in December and could have gotten away with shorts and a t-shirt!