Numbers are limited to 25 for this small-group class to ensure a personalized experience.
Then, walk to Florence’s nearby Central Market. Located in a cast-iron 19th-century building, this bustling stall-fest all is a paradise for food-lovers.
Head inside with your chefs and trawl the stands for fresh ingredients. Meet the farmers and other vendors selling everything from fresh meats to local delicacies, and learn how to identify and barter for the best produce.
Then, armed with your goodies, walk to the nearby cooking school, where a typically home-like Tuscan kitchen with elegant, marble-topped islands awaits.
Listen intently as your chefs talk you through the lunch menu for the day. Dishes will vary slightly according to the season and ingredients available, but you can typically expect to prepare bruschetta, different pastas such as tagliatelle or ravioli made from scratch, plus fresh pasta sauces and a dessert.
Pull on your apron and set to work under the watchful eye of your chefs, who will offer helpful guidance along the way. During breaks, enjoy tastings of the ingredients bought at the market, and then, once your meal is ready, take a seat in the dining area.
As you relax over your meal, discuss your efforts with your chefs and fellow cooks, and sip on two glasses of Chianti wine — the perfect complement to your food.
Afterward, receive a recipe booklet so you can recreate your dishes at home and a graduation diploma — both perfect souvenirs.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Small-Group Italian Cooking Class in Florence
- Small-group cooking class (maximum 25 people)
- Cooking lesson with local chefs
- Central food market guided visit
- Use of supplied apron and cooking utensils
- All ingredients for your lunch
- Food tastings at school
- Two glasses of Chianti wine with lunch
- Recipe booklet
- Graduation diploma
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Vegetarian cooking classes can also be catered for, please specify when booking
- Please note that when Florence Central Market is closed (on Sundays and bank holidays), the market visit will be replaced by a special introduction and extra tastings at the cooking class school
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Carrington C, January 2017
Alex was phenomenal! Our group was small with just my husband and I and another couple due to the holiday season and therefore the personal attention during the class and tour of the market was fantastic and the food was delicious!
Reviewed by: Richard D, December 2016
Excellent instructors. The group of people were very nice, and the cooking class was informative, fun and delicious. I highly recommend it and would like to try more the next time I return to Firenze.