- Family friendly
- Get up-close to native wildlife
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
It is then time to step through the predator-proof fence into the Sanctuary Valley, a beautiful 550-acre (225-hectare) eco sanctuary home to some of the rarest native animals and birds in New Zealand that are found nowhere else in the world. By the light of the glowworms search for the kaka, weta, tuatara and the elusive kiwi foraging in the leaf litter.
Zealandia by Night is a fascinating and interactive look into the history of New Zealand’s wildlife over the past 1000 years, it's a fascinating and educational experience.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
- Torches/flashlights supplied
- Guided tour of Zealandia: The Exhibition and Sanctuary Valley
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Wear sturdy footwear, bring extra layers of clothing and a waterproof jacket. Torches are supplied
- Transport to and from the attraction available on selected days only. You will need to contact your local service provider at the number stated on the voucher to arrange exact time and pickup location
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Sandy C, September 2016
Even though it was raining during our tour, we still learned a lot about the wildlife here. Our guide was awesome keeping things fun and interesting as we all looked and found things to look at. We saw wetas yuk!, a tuna eel, a takahe. We were about to give up hope of seeing a kiwi...but then our guide spotted one 10 minutes before the end of the tour! We watched the cute little kiwi for a good 2 minutes, and then the kiwi came out on the path and walked/waddled down the trail giving us a show! It was AWESOME!
Reviewed by: karenyu, June 2016
Hard to explain how much I appreciated this tour. The 500-year vision of Zealandia is amazing and I truly hope that they will achieve it. Our guides were very knowledgeable and enthusiastic about what they do and what they believe! Great tour!