Zealandia by Night Tour
- Family friendly
- Get up-close to native wildlife
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
It is then time to step through the predator-proof fence into the Sanctuary Valley, a beautiful 550-acre (225-hectare) eco sanctuary home to some of the rarest native animals and birds in New Zealand that are found nowhere else in the world. By the light of the glowworms search for the kaka, weta, tuatara and the elusive kiwi foraging in the leaf litter.
Zealandia by Night is a fascinating and interactive look into the history of New Zealand’s wildlife over the past 1000 years, it's a fascinating and educational experience.
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
- Torches/flashlights supplied
- Guided tour of Zealandia: The Exhibition and Sanctuary Valley
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Wear sturdy footwear, bring extra layers of clothing and a waterproof jacket. Torches are supplied
- Transport to and from the attraction available on selected days only. You will need to contact your local service provider at the number stated on the voucher to arrange exact time and pickup location
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: karenyu, June 2016
Hard to explain how much I appreciated this tour. The 500-year vision of Zealandia is amazing and I truly hope that they will achieve it. Our guides were very knowledgeable and enthusiastic about what they do and what they believe! Great tour!
Reviewed by: tehmina, January 2016
If you do one thing - do this tour if you visit Wellington. It is memorable, inspirational and very stimulating whether you manage to spot a kiwi or not. I was bowled over by the variety of NZ bush wildlife we heard and saw. In fact just enjoying our night senses was a thoroughly thrilling experience and our guide was fabulous. You will not be disappointed. Do wear good shoes and wrap up, though.