Wachau Valley Small-Group Tour and Wine Tasting from Vienna
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Free snacks included
Besides the highlights, you’ll break away from the crowds to also see the more authentic and off-the-beaten-track landscapes. You also have the chance to visit the valley's oldest church, dating back to the year 987.
Arrive in the UNESCO-listed Dürnstein – a picturesque medieval town famous for being where Richard the Lionheart was held captive in 1192. There, enjoy some free time to explore the streets and the castle ruins. Afterwards you'll go for lunch in a traditional family-run Austrian wine tavern (not included).
Then, sit back and enjoy the spectacular scenery while driving deep into the valley. On a relaxing 70-minute scenic Danube river cruise from Spitz to Melk, you’ll take in the Wachau Valley from yet another perspective—the middle of the majestic River Danube. Before returning back to Vienna, you'll see Melk Abbey (Stift Melk) - entrance included during the winter months, a world-famous Benedictine abbey founded in 1089. Located above the town of Melk on a rocky outcrop, this impressive monastic site boasts stunning views of the Danube river down below.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Small-Group Wine-Tasting Tour to the Wachau Valley from Vienna
- Transport in luxury 8-seater vehicle
- Full-day accompaniment by expert driver/guide
- Wine and liquor tasting
- Chocolate, jam and chutney tasting
- 70-minute Danube river cruise (May to September only)
- Entrance and one-hour guided tour of Melk Abbey (October to April only)
- Lunch and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Danube river cruise operates between May and September only. In the winter months entrance and one-hour guided tour of Melk Abbey will be included as a replacement
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: romanjm, July 2016
Great tour guide and tour, good wine.
Reviewed by: Mrs Lynne M, July 2016
We had booked this tour to celebrate my 60th Birthday.
We were part of a group of eight: two from the US, two from the UK, two from Finland and two from China.
The wine tastings were well presented with clear explanations. There was the option to not actually drink the wine once it had been tasted. Most of us drank ours but there wasn't really enough to cause any effect.
Lunch was very pleasant. I had the fish. Others had Wiener Schnitzel, Pork steak or Deep Fried Chicken - of which there was a lot!
Our Italian Guide, Mario, was really lovely and everything we expected, having read all the other reviews about him!
The Cruise was wonderful. Not many people on board and good facilities.
There were occasional announcements about points of interest - in English and German - but these were not intrusive.
We were reasonably lucky with the weather which is always a bonus.
We would recommend this tour.