Pompeii and Amalfi Coast Small-Group Day Trip from Rome
Numbers are limited to seven on this small-group tour, ensuring you’ll enjoy personalized attention from your guide.
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Small-group tour by minibus
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
First stop is the picture-perfect town of Amalfi, on the luscious Amalfi Coast. Once a major naval power, the town is now known for its stunning coastal scenery; it clings to a jagged rock face looking down over the turquoise Tyrrhenian Sea. Enjoy free time here to stretch your legs on a walk around, admiring the town’s typically Mediterranean architecture, where houses seem to be built on top of each other as they straddle the hillside! Rest in one of the cafés and sample a shot of limoncello (own expense), or perhaps check out the Cloister of Paradise (Chiostro del Paradiso) -- an intriguing Arabian-style hamlet.
Continue by minivan to the neighboring village of Positano, passing along a stunning coastal road with stops peppered in for photo stops. Enjoy free time for lunch in the village (own expense), and to explore. Gaze in admiration at the white- and pastel-colored houses that smatter the hillside, and perhaps take a stroll along its perfectly groomed beaches.
Meet your driver-guide at the pre-arranged time, and then head inland toward the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Pompeii -- the world-famous ancient village that lay buried under layers of volcanic ash for centuries. Explore the area with your guide on a 2-hour walking tour, documenting the site’s history from AD 79 when Mount Vesuvius erupted, to the early 18th century when it was ‘discovered.’ Hear history come to life with tales of ancient Romans who once lived here.
From Pompeii, return north to Rome by minivan. Your tour then finishes back at your hotel in the late evening.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Please be ready in the lobby of your hotel by 6.45am
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
- Walking tour of Pompeii with a local expert guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Pompeii entrance fee (approx. 11 euros)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately, comfortable walking shoes and a windbreaker are recommended.
- Each minivan accommodates seven people. The total group size is limited to a maximum of three minivans (24 people)
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Each minivan accommodates 7 people. The maximum group size only for the Pompeii 2 hrs guided tour is 21 people per guide
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Mitra F, July 2016
The tour was well organized. We got to see a really beautiful coastline. My favorite part was the town of Positono where we had lunch. It is a wonderful and relaxing town. Later we did a tour of the ancient town of Pompeii which was quite interesting.
I think the experience would not have been the same without our tour guide, Achille. He was well informed about the sites. He would point out the plan at each stop ahead of time and give us good tips on how to spend our time! The drive on the Amalfi coast is impressive. I felt safe while our guide was skillfully driving. I enjoyed a day out in the beautiful and historic Italy.
Reviewed by: Rebecca M, July 2016