2-Day Italy Trip: Naples, Pompeii, Sorrento and Capri
Please note: The day trip to Capri does not operate during the winter (Nov 23, 2015, to Mar 31, 2016); instead, you will have more free time in Sorrento.
- Excellent value for money
- Multi-Day Trip
- All-inclusive tour
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Hotel pickups may commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time
Meeting point at: 7:15am
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
4 Star Hotel English
Accommodation in a 4 Star Hotel in Sorrento.
USD $355.16Pricing details
4 Star Superior Hotel English
Code: 4 STARSUP
Accommodation at Imperial Tramontano Hotel in Sorrento with welcome drink.
USD $402.51Pricing details
Piazza del Plebiscito, Naples
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Local guide
- Entrance fees
- Overnight accommodation
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Gratuities (optional)
- City tax
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Dress code for dinner is smart casual
- Each traveler is allowed a maximum of 1 suitcase and 1 carry-on bag. Oversized or excessive luggage (e.g. surfboards, golf clubs or bikes) may have certain restrictions, please inquire with the operator prior to travel to confirm if your excess luggage is acceptable
- Not wheelchair accessible
- If three adults are traveling together, please book one single and one double room, otherwise the booking will be received as triple room and all customers will be accommodated in a triple room
- Maximum of 3 people per room and only one room per booking. In the case of 3 adults and 1 child two separate rooms will need to be booked
- Please note: from Nov 23, 2015 to Mar 31, 2016 this tour will not visit Capri island on Day 2. The excursion is replaced with a day of free time in Sorrento
Leave your central Rome hotel in the morning, and travel by coach toward sunny Naples – your first destination! Arrive in Naples by late morning, and take a panoramic view of the lively city and its beautiful bay.
Travel inland to Pompeii, and after lunch in town, visit its UNESCO-listed archeological site with your guide. Hear how Pompeii lay buried under volcanic ash for centuries following Mount Vesuvius’ 79 BC eruption, and marvel at the incredible Roman ruins that abound.
Return to your coach and travel to the Amalfi Coast, where you'll check in to your Sorrento hotel in time for dinner.
Day 2: Sorrento – Capri – Rome (B, L)
Enjoy breakfast, and then travel from Sorrento port to the island of Capri by hydrofoil boat. Hop aboard a rowing boat at Capri’s Marina Grande harbor, and relax as your guide rows you around the island to see the magical Blue Grotto (Grotta Azzurra). This cave is said to have sunk since prehistoric days, blocking out most of its entrances. Light entering from an underwater cavity combines with the trickle of light from its only entranceway, giving the water its vivid blue effect; prepare to be dazzled!
Return to Marina Grande and travel by minibus to the shabby chic village of Anacapri, perched high above its glamorous Capri town neighbor. Explore at leisure, admiring its romantic wisteria-draped villas with sun-bleached stucco, and gaze down over the beautiful Bay of Naples.
Head back down the hill and visit one of Capri town’s traditional restaurants, enjoying a lunch as delicious as the Mediterranean views. Walk it off on a stroll, passing through Capri’s Piazetta (Piazza Umberto) – Capri’s place to see and be seen! Board another hydrofoil boat in the late afternoon to travel back to mainland Italy, and then hop aboard your air-conditioned coach for the journey back to Rome. Finish your 2-day tour with a central Rome drop-off.
Please note: The Blue Grotto trip is subject to good weather conditions. In the event of storms or heavy rain, your tour visits Faraglioni (a rocky inlet) instead. From November 23, 2015, to March 31, 2016, this tour does not include the visit to Capri on Day 2. The excursion is replaced with a day of free time in Sorrento.
Hotel pickup is available; click on the 'View additional info' link to see the Rome hotels that are included in this service.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: elizabethvancleave, June 2016
Trip was fantastic! Guides were knowledgeable and extremely friendly. Hotel in Sorrento was wonderful. ..view from our balcony/ terrace was spectacular. Capri was breathtaking. ..Blue Grotto was once in a lifetime experience. Groups were not overwhelmingly large. Would hihly recommend. Good value
Reviewed by: Miriam P, June 2016
It was the best tour, Sasha an amazing guide, loved all of the excursion