See the Australian flag flying over Poziere in recognition of the sacrifices made by the ANZAC's in the battle that took place here during the battle of the Somme. This battle was followed by the battle of Mouquet Farm which you will also visit today.
Continuing to Thiepval, you will see the largest memorial dedicated to missing British Soldiers. You will also visit The Ulster Tower, a memorial to the men of the 36th Ulster division, the Beaumont-Hamel and the Newfoundland Memorial which offers a realistic and moving view of these battles in its remarkably well-preserved trenches system. During this day-trip you will also see the the Australian National Memorial at Villers-Bretonneux.
Finish the tour with a visit to the Historial at Peronne, an international and cultural museum of the first world war (1914-1918) which explains the conflict, its origins and its consequences.The museum boasts a unique collection of over 50,000 original objects and documents of everyday life during the war.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
- Small group tour (maximum 16 participants)
- Admission to the Historial of the Great War in Péronne
- English speaking guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Be sure to arrive promptly for your tour. The group will not wait if you are late and if you miss the tour due to a delay, you will not be entitled to a refund.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Mark S, August 2016
Our guides Regis and Julien were excellent, friendly, very informed and very flexible. The spots we visited were inspiring and our guides were flexible and made a couple of side trips that our group was interested in
Reviewed by: Maryann D, August 2016
It wa a fantastic tour. Very informative and interesting. The tour was made even better by the friendliness and knowledge of our guide Nicola.