Make your way through the city, and hear how the ancient capital evolved into the flourishing modern metropolis that it is today. While contemporary sights are common, the city has retained its original opulence with an abundance of historical monuments strewn around its streets.
Your first stop is the Green Mosque (Yeşil Camii). Follow your guide inside and marvel at its elegant marble archway and turquoise-tinged tiles that embellish the walls of the domed central hall. Learn about Sultan Mehmet I for whom the mosque was built, and then continue by foot to neighboring Koza Han, an intriguing building in the heart of the old Bursa Silk Market (Kapalı Çarşı).
For centuries, Koza Han symbolized the center of Bursa’s thriving silk trade and, although it now exists as a tea house, the building has retained its historical allure. Hear how Bursa marked the end of the ancient Silk Road, and how the city was once home to countless skilled artisans who produced caftans (long garments of clothing) and soft furnishings for the Turkish sultans.
Stop for lunch at a local cafe to enjoy a traditional Turkish kebab or other similar specialty, and then travel to the city’s cable car. Ride up the slope of Mt Olympus and enjoy some free time to soak up the panoramas from the summit. On rare occasions when the cable car is closed, follow your guide to another vantage point, located by an ancient plane tree, instead.
Return to your minivan, and travel back to Istanbul by coach and ferry. Your tour then finishes with a drop-off at your European-side Istanbul hotel in the early evening.
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private guide
- Round-trip transport by air-conditioned minivan and ferry
- Entrance fees
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not recommended for children aged 4 and under
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: SUNEETI J, India, December 2011
Reviewed by: Anonymous, India, July 2010