Just a few paces from Hagia Sophia lies the Basilica Cistern, your next stop. The largest of several hundred ancient cisterns that lie beneath the city, the Basilica Cistern was built in the 6th century during the reign of Byzantine Emperor Justinian I to provide a water filtration system for the Great Palace of Constantinople.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time, exact pickup time will be advised on reconfirmation.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Hagia Sophia, Istanbul
- Local guide
- Entrance fees
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not recommended for children aged 4 and under
- Children 18 years and under must be accompanied by an adult
- In the event of any museum closures, an alternative similar museum will be visited
- Hagia Sophia will be closed on Mondays from (October 20, 2015); should you travel on this day, you'll visit the Chora Museum instead
- The Grand Bazaar is closed on Sundays and on religious holidays (July 28, 29 and 30 and October 4, 5, 6 and 7); should you travel on these days, you'll spend additional time at Hagia Sophia and the Basilica Cistern
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Chris D, March 2016
The tour was extremely well organised . The guide was very knowledgeable and friendly. This tour is highly recommended.
Reviewed by: Jenifer C, October 2015
A really good tour. Guide informative, efficient and helpful.