- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Small group ensures personal service
Once over the bridge you'll enter the Kingdom of Fife, an isolated peninsula surrounded by the waters of the Firth of Forth, the Firth of Tay and the North Sea. The highlight is the area known as East Neuk. The small fishing villages hugging the coastline here were infamous as a paradise for smugglers.
You'll then stop in Anstruther before traveling to the medieval town of St Andrews, the capital of the Scottish Church for almost 1,000 years and home to the oldest university in Scotland (600 years), attended by Prince William.
St Andrews is most famously the home of golf, with the Old Course just off the town center. You will have several hours to explore this famous town.
From St Andrews, you'll take a pleasant drive through central Fife to Falkland. Falkland Palace dominates this old village, and was one of the main residences of the old royal family of Scotland. Returning to Edinburgh you will cross the Lomond Hills and pass Loch Leven, where Mary Queen of Scots was imprisoned.
The Scottish Highlands and Islands are Europe's last great wilderness! This personalized tour is as close as you can get to touring in your own car, with the added benefit of gaining intimate knowledge of Scotland. Traveling in a small group means you can take lots of stops and reach "out of the way" places, giving you more time off the bus to discover the real Scotland.
Winner of the Inaugural Scottish Thistle Award for Sustainable Tourism, October 2007.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
St. Andrews Golf Course, Scotland
- Professional driver/guide
- Modern Mercedes minvan with forced air ventilation (maximum 16 people)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Entrance fees to Falkland Palace, St Andrews Cathedral Castle
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Minimum age is 6 years
- There are opportunities to take nature walks, it is recommended to bring suitable clothing and footwear. Scotland can be a wet place!
- The First Edinburgh tour operator to be awarded 5 star status by the Scottish Tourist Board.
- Wheelchair accessible - if assistance is required, passenger must provide their own carer
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Nicole L, January 2017
Fantastic tour. Would definitely go again. Our guide was incredibly knowledgeable and friendly.
Reviewed by: Matthew S, January 2017
Our tour guide, Franchesca I am not sure the spelling of her name, I'm sorry was superb! She was funny and talked enough to keep us interested, but not so much that you wanted her to stop. She was a great story teller and she had all sorts of interesting information about Edinburgh, the Kingdom of Fife and St. Andrews. She clearly did her homework. We got in a lot of sight seeing in St Andrews, which is largely why we booked the tour, and felt ready to leave just in time. The little stops we made along the way were perfect, and she was good about time keeping. We wished we had booked a city tour of Edinburgh with the same agency but didn't have time. I would use this company again and again, and highly recommend it to everyone. We couldn't say enough about Fran!