- Includes free admission to top local attractions
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Led by a local guide
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
In the afternoon, your tour will continue over the Wicklow Gap, an unspoiled mountain pass that winds through the magnificent Wicklow Mountains National Park. The route is a photographer’s dream, so be sure to have your camera ready to capture sights of this wild mountain range that dominates the County Wicklow countryside.
Emerging from the west side of the Wicklow Gap, your day trip will reach the glacial valley of Glendalough - famous for its two beautiful lakes and monastic site, comprising the ruins of a medieval monastery and round tower. Reputedly founded by St Kevin, a hermit monk, the round tower was thought to have been created as a place of refuge for Irish monks in medieval times. You’ll have approximately 1.5 hours to explore this fascinating site at your leisure, before returning to Dublin.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
- Townhouse Guesthouse bus stop at 8am. Address 47 – 48 Gardiner Street Lower,Dublin 1
- Gresham Hotel at 8.10am. Address 23 Upper O”Connell Street, Dublin 1.
- Ulster Bank at 8.20am. Address 33 College Green, Dublin 2, beside Abercrombie & Fitch shop
- Jurys’s Hotel Christchruch at 8.30am. Address 8 Christ Church Place, Dublin 8,across from Christchurch Cathedral
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Kilkenny City and Glendalough Day Trip from Dublin
- Hotel pickup from selected hotels in Dublin
- Complimentary walking tours of of Kilkenny Medieval City & Glendalough Monastic Site
- Stop at Wicklow Gap glacial valley
- Free unlimited 4G wifi available on the coach
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel drop off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
- Please advise one of the available pickup locations upon check out in the special requirements field
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: John A, August 2016
We really enjoyed this tour. The guide was great and really made it worthwhile. We could not have done this on our own and have had the understanding and context that she provided to all that we saw. We saw a lot that day between Kilkenny and Glendalough and would have like to have spent more time at both but the tradeoff was worth it given the quality of our guide.
Reviewed by: Deborah H, August 2016
The tour guide and the driver were terrific. The tour was very well done. We had plenty of time to do what we needed and did learn about the area. I know now that I would love to spend more time in Kilkenny -- maybe on the next trip