- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
Stop for a short break in the ancient settlement of Vic, where you can visit the town center with its cathedral and its magnificent Renaissance and Baroque buildings. Then continue toward the Pyrenees, driving past Montesquiu Castle, a fortified building dating from the 10th century.
Your next stop is Ripoll, with a Romanesque monastery built in the year 879 by Wilfred the Hairy, the first Count of Barcelona. From Ripoll, your tour proceeds to Queralbs, which, at an altitude of 4,055 feet (1,236 meters) above sea level, is the last vehicle-accessible village on your day trip to the Pyrenees.
Queralbs is a stunning, stone-built village where you will see the Church of Sant Sadurni de Fustanya, built from stones so perfectly hewn that legend has it that it was built by the fairies. From here, catch the rack railway that leads up into the Pyrenees to Nuria, where you can spend the rest of the day. Enjoy the unspoiled scenery, look for local birds and animals, and take one of the many available walks, such as the path to Coma de la Vaca, a small refuge situated at 6,562 feet (2,000 meters). Or you can try horseback riding, open-air bowling, miniature golf or boating on the lake.
Please wear warm clothes and good walking shoes on this day trip. Your tour does not require a particular physical condition, but a reasonable level of fitness is needed if you wish to walk to the Coma de la Vaca. It's up to you how far and how high you want to go!
This private tour from Barcelona is hosted by a professional guide. Please list any special interests you have (art, architecture, history, culture) at the time of booking to alert your guide, who will then prepare for your private tour.
Please note: From the 1st of November to the 30th of November due to annual track maintenance, the rack railway will be closed Monday to Friday. In the instances that the railway is closed, we will find an alternative itinerary such as going up into the mountain valley by road or enjoying a mountain walk at lower levels. These changes will in no way take away from your Pyrenees mountain experience.
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Pyrenees Mountains Private Day Trip from Barcelona
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Professional guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not recommended for child aged 4 and under
- There will be time off the bus at your leisure, so please bring suitable clothing, footwear, and sun protection. Remember that temperatures at high altitudes will be much lower than in the city, so although it may be warm in Barcelona, please remember that it will be much cooler in the mountains.
- The railway track may be closed in November due to routine maintenance. If so, the tour will offer alternative options suitable for all ages and fitness levels. Alternatives will range from going by road up into the mountain valleys, visiting the Monastery of Ripoll or low-level mountain walks.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Twotutrns, September 2013
The tour and tour guide were awesome! Being a private tour it was geared just for our interests and our level of activity.
Reviewed by: RODNEY REX R, October 2012
Everything about the tour was excellent and vastly exceeded our expectations. Our driver and guide Jordi was superior. Rex Rehfeld