If you are looking for a family friendly day tour from Bangkok then look no further. Situated just 20 miles (32 kilometers) west of Bangkok is the Sampran Elephant Ground and Zoo, a place where the whole family can learn more about Thailand's most revered animal - the Elephant.
- Instant Confirmation
- Ideal choice for families
- All entrance fees included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
You'll be picked up from your centrally located Bangkok hotel and travel one-hour to the Elephant Ground and Zoo complex.
This is the perfect opportunity to take a 15-minute elephant ride (cost not included, payable direct, approximately BAHT500 per person) as well as learn, via performances, just how and why these mighty creatures are held in such high regard by the Thai people.
There are a variety of shows on display, including elephants at work as well how elephants once played an important part in the battles that took place in ancient Siam. One show in particular will depict the battle between King Naraesuan The Great and the Burmese Prince, where elephants were used by both armies. Can elephants play football? Well, you will find out at one of the many shows complete with dramatic sound and narration.
The Sampran Elephant Ground and Zoo also has other animals on display, including crocodiles which star in the crocodile wrestling shows. Don't worry, the animals are all cared for well. The Sampran Elephant Ground and Zoo was accredited by CITES (Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora) as maintaining one of the cleanest and most impressive public crocodile displays in the world.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
- Novotel Suvarnabhumi - Bang Na (near Suvarnabhumi Airport)
- Niran Grand - Bang Na
- Nototel Bang Na - Bang Na
- Royal Princess Srinakarin - Bang Na
- Amari Don Muang - Viphavadee (near Don Muang Airport)
- Airport Suite Bangkok - Viphavadee (near Don Muang Airport)
- Asia Airport - Viphavadee (near Don Muang Airport)
- Ebina House - Viphavadee (near Don Muang Airport)
- Rama Gardens - Viphavadee (near Don Muang Airport)
- Quality Suite Airport - Viphavadee (near Don Muang Airport)
- Miracle Grand Convention - Laksi
- Inn Come Sweet - Chatuchak
- Chaleena Princess - Ramkamheng
- Grand Hitech Tower Inn - Ekkamai
- Forum Park - Yannawa (far end of Nang Linchi)
- Rio Residence - Yannawa (far end of Nang Linchi)
- Royal Pacific Plaza - Rama 9
- Oasis - Huang Kwang
- P R Union - Thonburi
- Gold Orchid Bangkok - Suttisan
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
Tour returns to your hotel at approximately 5:00pm
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Sampran Elephant Ground and Zoo Tour from Bangkok
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- English speaking licensed guide
- Entrance fee
- Elephant ride and Tiger photos
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please note - group sizes vary from 2 to 40 passengers per tour. The type of transport provided may vary from a 9 seater minibus to 40 passenger coach
- Wheelchair accessible
- Restroom facilities available
- You must provide your hotel details at time of booking, failure to do so may result in cancellation
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Thea Faith R, October 2016
The tour was great and guide Mr Suri was so nice. Will take viator tours again. Thank you.
Reviewed by: jigsgulaya, August 2016
Very interesting way of presenting Thai history with elephants. It is great!