Take a private tour to get a glimpse of everyday life on the water in Thailand. Cruise along the Bangkok canals in a narrow, long-tailed motorized boat towards the Damnoen Saduak floating market, where you will see local vendors in their Thai style canoes, laden with colorful fruits, and vegetables, gently plying their way through the canals looking to sell their goods.
- Instant Confirmation
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Bangkok, Thailand's vibrant capital is one of the world's most exotic and colorful cities, is a unique blend of the traditional and ultra-modern. As fun as the city is, it is always a great idea to head towards the country side to experience the rural Thai culture as life can be remarkably different, and interesting. A trip to the Damnoen Saduak floating markets is a must-do activity for those wanting to catch a glimpse of everyday life in Thailand.
On this privately guided day trip from Bangkok to the Damnoen Saduak floating markets, situated 64 miles (104 kilometers) southwest of Bangkok, you will take an exhilarating ride through the marshes and stilt houses of Bangkok on a narrow, long-tailed speedboat towards the markets. Once you reach the markets your local Thai guide will ensure all your questions are answered and even assist those who may wish to take a ride on a local boat (optional extra, payable direct) through the maze of Thai style canoes laden with colorful fruits, vegetables, sweets and meats.
This is a very popular day-trip for many tourists to Thailand and subsequently many of the products for sale by the local vendors at the Damnoen Saduak floating markets today may not seem so authentically Thai.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
- Novotel Suvarnabhumi - Bang Na (near Suvarnabhumi Airport)
- Niran Grand - Bang Na
- Nototel Bang Na - Bang Na
- Royal Princess Srinakarin - Bang Na
- Amari Don Muang - Viphavadee (near Don Muang Airport)
- Airport Suite Bangkok - Viphavadee (near Don Muang Airport)
- Asia Airport - Viphavadee (near Don Muang Airport)
- Ebina House - Viphavadee (near Don Muang Airport)
- Rama Gardens - Viphavadee (near Don Muang Airport)
- Quality Suite Airport - Viphavadee (near Don Muang Airport)
- Miracle Grand Convention - Laksi
- Inn Come Sweet - Chatuchak
- Chaleena Princess - Ramkamheng
- Grand Hitech Tower Inn - Ekkamai
- Forum Park - Yannawa (far end of Nang Linchi)
- Rio Residence - Yannawa (far end of Nang Linchi)
- Royal Pacific Plaza - Rama 9
- Oasis - Huang Kwang
- P R Union - Thonburi
- Gold Orchid Bangkok - Suttisan
- And selected areas
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time, exact pickup time will be advised on reconfirmation.
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
- Returns to original departure point at approximately 1:00pm
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Private Tour: Floating Markets of Damnoen Saduak Cruise Day Trip from Bangkok
- Private local guide
- Transport by private vehicle
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Entrance fees
- Long-tail speedboat ride
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Boat ride is not wheelchair accessible
- Restroom facilities available
- You must provide your hotel details at time of booking, failure to do so may result in cancellation
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Roberta B, September 2016
My favorite excursion of my month long trip! After a few brief driver inspired stops he was aware of when we wanted to leave each location and was very respectful of that, we arrived at the canal that would lead us to the markets. The whole experience was amazing, but, for me, the only way to truly appreciate the markets is to take the additional boat ride. The first boat leads you to aisles of souvenirs and such that are set up in a permanent area, like a small flea market. I wanted to be going through the narrow passageways and experience what it was like from the water side of things. The price for the extra ride may vary mine was 600 Baht for a private boat, but quite worth it. Sellers rowed up to me and were offering a variety of items there were also permanent stands set up on the sides and I could be rowed over to them to examine their items more closely. That trip lasted between 20-30 minutes. I wanted to go back even before I left and would definitely do it again.
Reviewed by: Geoff, August 2016
This was a Great experience and tour, to travel on a long tail speedboat and experience shopping, haggling on prices and trying fresh cooked thai sample dishes and fruits on the floating market we tried the mango sticky rice, fried bananas, and mango tees. Our tour guide Pu Yee was excellent!!! Very knowledgeable with Thai culture and the floating market. Both both her and the driver arrived on time to pick us up and Pu Yee provide a lot of details of Bangkok, the Thai culture, and the floating markets. She and the driver were very accommodating which we discussed or asked for recommendation on elephant tour that would be short, that they took us to one on the way to the river, this added an additional 30-40 mins overall to tour. My wife, son and I really enjoyed this tour. We visited and got to shop the floating and land shopping market for 1hr. This tour does start early, pick up was 7:15am at our hotel, and took approx 1hr to get to the river. We got to visit a coconut factory that extract and make coconut oil and soap. The floating market closes at 11am, Thai buffet lunch is included on a docked A/C boat along the river, and we were back to our hotel by 1pm. Overall a great tour!!!