Take a private tour to get a glimpse of everyday life on the water in Thailand. Cruise along the Bangkok canals in a narrow, long-tailed motorized boat towards the Damnoen Saduak floating market, where you will see local vendors in their Thai style canoes, laden with colorful fruits, and vegetables, gently plying their way through the canals looking to sell their goods.
- Instant Confirmation
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Bangkok, Thailand's vibrant capital is one of the world's most exotic and colorful cities, is a unique blend of the traditional and ultra-modern. As fun as the city is, it is always a great idea to head towards the country side to experience the rural Thai culture as life can be remarkably different, and interesting. A trip to the Damnoen Saduak floating markets is a must-do activity for those wanting to catch a glimpse of everyday life in Thailand.
On this privately guided day trip from Bangkok to the Damnoen Saduak floating markets, situated 64 miles (104 kilometers) southwest of Bangkok, you will take an exhilarating ride through the marshes and stilt houses of Bangkok on a narrow, long-tailed speedboat towards the markets. Once you reach the markets your local Thai guide will ensure all your questions are answered and even assist those who may wish to take a ride on a local boat (optional extra, payable direct) through the maze of Thai style canoes laden with colorful fruits, vegetables, sweets and meats.
This is a very popular day-trip for many tourists to Thailand and subsequently many of the products for sale by the local vendors at the Damnoen Saduak floating markets today may not seem so authentically Thai.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
- Novotel Suvarnabhumi - Bang Na (near Suvarnabhumi Airport)
- Niran Grand - Bang Na
- Nototel Bang Na - Bang Na
- Royal Princess Srinakarin - Bang Na
- Amari Don Muang - Viphavadee (near Don Muang Airport)
- Airport Suite Bangkok - Viphavadee (near Don Muang Airport)
- Asia Airport - Viphavadee (near Don Muang Airport)
- Ebina House - Viphavadee (near Don Muang Airport)
- Rama Gardens - Viphavadee (near Don Muang Airport)
- Quality Suite Airport - Viphavadee (near Don Muang Airport)
- Miracle Grand Convention - Laksi
- Inn Come Sweet - Chatuchak
- Chaleena Princess - Ramkamheng
- Grand Hitech Tower Inn - Ekkamai
- Forum Park - Yannawa (far end of Nang Linchi)
- Rio Residence - Yannawa (far end of Nang Linchi)
- Royal Pacific Plaza - Rama 9
- Oasis - Huang Kwang
- P R Union - Thonburi
- Gold Orchid Bangkok - Suttisan
- And selected areas
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time, exact pickup time will be advised on reconfirmation.
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
- Returns to original departure point at approximately 1:00pm
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Private Tour: Floating Markets of Damnoen Saduak Cruise Day Trip from Bangkok
- Private local guide
- Transport by private vehicle
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Entrance fees
- Long-tail speedboat ride
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Boat ride is not wheelchair accessible
- Restroom facilities available
- You must provide your hotel details at time of booking, failure to do so may result in cancellation
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Louise.Howard, October 2016
This was a great experience. Early pick up from the doorstep of the hotel a approx 1hr drive to the location. Coconut farm stop on the way which was good then the markets. The long boat experience was brilliant and it was great having the private option just for the four of us. We would highly recommend the add on option of the row boat in the markets 150thb extra per person as this was the highlight! Otherwise you are just walking above the markets instead of being immersed with the boats. Brilliant experience and highlight of our Bangkok trip :-
Reviewed by: Craig B, September 2016
Collected at 0700 in a nice van pleanty of room for 4 adults, guide and driver
On the way we stopped off at a sugar palm plantation/orhid farm as its a pvt tour we didnt have to but we did for a quick look round toilet break and drink for 20 to 30 mins
Its then only about 20 mins further until you get dropped off for your long tail boat ride to the market this was very enjoyable and you could see how people live by the canals
Once at the market you have about an hour to look around and you can pay extra to be paddled around the market in another small boat we didn't do this but could still buy food etc that they cook on the boats from the shore with things being passed up and about on the paddles there are also a load of stalls on land to walk about
Yes the market is geared up for tourist but it is still busy and enjoyable
We got back to Bangkok at about 1300 and asked to be dropped off at the palace instead of the hotel so we could carry straight on sightseeing and this was no problem all in all a very enjoyable trip and one I would recommend to friends and family