Take a private tour to get a glimpse of everyday life on the water in Thailand. Cruise along the Bangkok canals in a narrow, long-tailed motorized boat towards the Damnoen Saduak floating market, where you will see local vendors in their Thai style canoes, laden with colorful fruits, and vegetables, gently plying their way through the canals looking to sell their goods.
- Instant Confirmation
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Bangkok, Thailand's vibrant capital is one of the world's most exotic and colorful cities, is a unique blend of the traditional and ultra-modern. As fun as the city is, it is always a great idea to head towards the country side to experience the rural Thai culture as life can be remarkably different, and interesting. A trip to the Damnoen Saduak floating markets is a must-do activity for those wanting to catch a glimpse of everyday life in Thailand.
On this privately guided day trip from Bangkok to the Damnoen Saduak floating markets, situated 64 miles (104 kilometers) southwest of Bangkok, you will take an exhilarating ride through the marshes and stilt houses of Bangkok on a narrow, long-tailed speedboat towards the markets. Once you reach the markets your local Thai guide will ensure all your questions are answered and even assist those who may wish to take a ride on a local boat (optional extra, payable direct) through the maze of Thai style canoes laden with colorful fruits, vegetables, sweets and meats.
This is a very popular day-trip for many tourists to Thailand and subsequently many of the products for sale by the local vendors at the Damnoen Saduak floating markets today may not seem so authentically Thai.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
- Novotel Suvarnabhumi - Bang Na (near Suvarnabhumi Airport)
- Niran Grand - Bang Na
- Nototel Bang Na - Bang Na
- Royal Princess Srinakarin - Bang Na
- Amari Don Muang - Viphavadee (near Don Muang Airport)
- Airport Suite Bangkok - Viphavadee (near Don Muang Airport)
- Asia Airport - Viphavadee (near Don Muang Airport)
- Ebina House - Viphavadee (near Don Muang Airport)
- Rama Gardens - Viphavadee (near Don Muang Airport)
- Quality Suite Airport - Viphavadee (near Don Muang Airport)
- Miracle Grand Convention - Laksi
- Inn Come Sweet - Chatuchak
- Chaleena Princess - Ramkamheng
- Grand Hitech Tower Inn - Ekkamai
- Forum Park - Yannawa (far end of Nang Linchi)
- Rio Residence - Yannawa (far end of Nang Linchi)
- Royal Pacific Plaza - Rama 9
- Oasis - Huang Kwang
- P R Union - Thonburi
- Gold Orchid Bangkok - Suttisan
- And selected areas
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time, exact pickup time will be advised on reconfirmation.
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
- Returns to original departure point at approximately 1:00pm
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Private Tour: Floating Markets of Damnoen Saduak Cruise Day Trip from Bangkok
- Private local guide
- Transport by private vehicle
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Entrance fees
- Long-tail speedboat ride
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Boat ride is not wheelchair accessible
- Restroom facilities available
- You must provide your hotel details at time of booking, failure to do so may result in cancellation
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Jane, United Kingdom, August 2016
I definitely recommend visiting the floating market. Its very vibrant and a fantastic experience being on the river and surrounded by so many other boats all trying to get through. At one point we were in the middle of a traffic jam with much shouting or so it seemed in thai by the boat owners trying to get their boat and passengers through the water ways. Great fun. It probably is a tourist trap but you go there knowing that, and what that brings with it, the fact prices may be higher than you'd pay in a market in the city centre. However, you can still bargain and 'sail' away if the price isnt what you want to pay. We did quiet a bit of shopping at the floating market, some of the items we saw back in the city markets later, but others we didnt so if we hadnt bought them at the floating market we wouldnt have come across them again. Its fun and very different 'shopping' from a boat.
We paid 98 total for 2 people, which I think was probably expensive for what was included, which was really a 'private' car with a guide and driver to take us to the floating market then back to the hotel. While at the market, you have to pay more if you want to go in one of the boats for a 30 min I think ride round the rivers. I dont think it was very much money, but felt that should have been included in the price of tour. On the way to the floating market we had an unexpected stopped at a tourist place, where they were showing how coconuts are used to make oil and other different things as well as quiet a big shop with some very nice stuff like bags, necklaces, nic nacs etc and an orchid nursery.
In short, definitely visit the floating markets and shop but check out the price and whats included
Reviewed by: Maria G, July 2016
The guide was fantastic and the trip is spectacular!