Take a private tour to get a glimpse of everyday life on the water in Thailand. Cruise along the Bangkok canals in a narrow, long-tailed motorized boat towards the Damnoen Saduak floating market, where you will see local vendors in their Thai style canoes, laden with colorful fruits, and vegetables, gently plying their way through the canals looking to sell their goods.
- Instant Confirmation
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Bangkok, Thailand's vibrant capital is one of the world's most exotic and colorful cities, is a unique blend of the traditional and ultra-modern. As fun as the city is, it is always a great idea to head towards the country side to experience the rural Thai culture as life can be remarkably different, and interesting. A trip to the Damnoen Saduak floating markets is a must-do activity for those wanting to catch a glimpse of everyday life in Thailand.
On this privately guided day trip from Bangkok to the Damnoen Saduak floating markets, situated 64 miles (104 kilometers) southwest of Bangkok, you will take an exhilarating ride through the marshes and stilt houses of Bangkok on a narrow, long-tailed speedboat towards the markets. Once you reach the markets your local Thai guide will ensure all your questions are answered and even assist those who may wish to take a ride on a local boat (optional extra, payable direct) through the maze of Thai style canoes laden with colorful fruits, vegetables, sweets and meats.
This is a very popular day-trip for many tourists to Thailand and subsequently many of the products for sale by the local vendors at the Damnoen Saduak floating markets today may not seem so authentically Thai.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
- Novotel Suvarnabhumi - Bang Na (near Suvarnabhumi Airport)
- Niran Grand - Bang Na
- Nototel Bang Na - Bang Na
- Royal Princess Srinakarin - Bang Na
- Amari Don Muang - Viphavadee (near Don Muang Airport)
- Airport Suite Bangkok - Viphavadee (near Don Muang Airport)
- Asia Airport - Viphavadee (near Don Muang Airport)
- Ebina House - Viphavadee (near Don Muang Airport)
- Rama Gardens - Viphavadee (near Don Muang Airport)
- Quality Suite Airport - Viphavadee (near Don Muang Airport)
- Miracle Grand Convention - Laksi
- Inn Come Sweet - Chatuchak
- Chaleena Princess - Ramkamheng
- Grand Hitech Tower Inn - Ekkamai
- Forum Park - Yannawa (far end of Nang Linchi)
- Rio Residence - Yannawa (far end of Nang Linchi)
- Royal Pacific Plaza - Rama 9
- Oasis - Huang Kwang
- P R Union - Thonburi
- Gold Orchid Bangkok - Suttisan
- And selected areas
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time, exact pickup time will be advised on reconfirmation.
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
- Returns to original departure point at approximately 1:00pm
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Private Tour: Floating Markets of Damnoen Saduak Cruise Day Trip from Bangkok
- Private local guide
- Transport by private vehicle
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Entrance fees
- Long-tail speedboat ride
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Boat ride is not wheelchair accessible
- Restroom facilities available
- You must provide your hotel details at time of booking, failure to do so may result in cancellation
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Victoria B, January 2017
This trip was really great because of Shannon. Highly recommend him. The drive from Bangkok does seem a bit long but Shannon entertains you the whole way and gave us terrific suggestions regarding things to do in Thailand. There's a great boat ride into the floating markets which is a very interesting way to approach the market as opposed to by car. Shannon made sure we experienced the market visually by taking us on a very complete walk through both sides - getting us snacks and suggesting experiences we may have overlooked. Make sure you do the boat ride through the market itself - even if you have no intention in purchasing anything the boat ride is the highlight of the market itself. P.S. if you are a foodie and watch Anthony Bourdain the vendor who makes the noodles still is there. We didn't have the noodles because we had just finished huge coconut ice cream sundaes - but if you find a coffee/ice cream shop if your on the bridge overlooking the market facing the main parking lot its on your left the soup/noodle lady is behind the store. Look for cement stools - permanent tables and a lot of locals.
Reviewed by: jessica_shaw, January 2017
Very nice trip. The boat ride to floating market was relaxing.