Book by 30 September 2016 to save 15% off our previously offered price! Travel dates valid until 31 March 2017.
- Instant Confirmation
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- All entrance fees included
- Led by a local guide
- Hotel pickup included
The Buddhist religion plays an important part in the fabric of the Thai way of life. It is celebrated with offerings performed daily to spiritual deity’s to ensure health, wealth and happiness. On your tour you will visit three of Bangkok’s most famous wats (temples) and see an insiders perspective of this fascinating culture.
Wat Pho is one of the largest and oldest wats in Bangkok and home to the Temple of the Reclining Buddha, the largest reclining Buddha in Bangkok. The wat also houses more than one thousand images of Buddha and is favored among the locals as a place to worship. It is also renowned as the birthplace of traditional Thai massage and is considered the first public university of Thailand, teaching students in the fields of religion, science and literature.
The Buddha at Wat Traimit was discovered by accident when it was accidentally dropped as it was being moved, revealing under a casing of plaster, a beautiful solid gold Sukhothai style Buddha. The three meter tall statue is made from solid gold and weighs 5.5 tons. You can still see pieces of the original plaster casing on display today.
Wat Benchamabophit, was built upon request by King Chulalongkorn whose palace was nearby. It is also known as the marble temple and is one of the cities most beautiful. Constructed from the finest Italian marble, it typifies Bangkok's ornate style of high gables, stepped-out roofs and elaborate finials.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Departs from your Bangkok city hotel (select hotels only)
Depending on the number of people on this coach tour, you may be transferred from your hotel to a central departure point to begin your tour.
Hotel pickup is NOT available from the following hotels:
- Novotel Suvarnabhumi - Bang Na (near Suvarnabhumi Airport)
- Niran Grand - Bang Na
- Nototel Bang Na - Bang Na
- Royal Princess Srinakarin - Bang Na
- Amari Don Muang - Viphavadee (near Don Muang Airport)
- Airport Suite Bangkok - Viphavadee (near Don Muang Airport)
- Asia Airport - Viphavadee (near Don Muang Airport)
- Ebina House - Viphavadee (near Don Muang Airport)
- Rama Gardens - Viphavadee (near Don Muang Airport)
- Quality Suite Airport - Viphavadee (near Don Muang Airport)
- Miracle Grand Convention - Laksi
- Inn Come Sweet - Chatuchak
- Chaleena Princess - Ramkamheng
- Grand Hitech Tower Inn - Ekkamai
- Forum Park - Yannawa (far end of Nang Linchi)
- Rio Residence - Yannawa (far end of Nang Linchi)
- Royal Pacific Plaza - Rama 9
- Oasis - Huang Kwang
- P R Union - Thonburi
- Gold Orchid Bangkok - Suttisan
- And selected areas
Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time, exact pickup time will be advised on reconfirmation.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Morning Bangkok Temples Tour including reclining Buddha at Wat Pho
USD $27.60Pricing details
Afternoon Bangkok Temples Tours including reclining Buddha at Wat Pho
USD $27.60Pricing details
Bangkok Temples Tour including reclining Buddha at Wat Pho
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Hotel pickup (selected hotels only)
- Local guide
- Entrance fees
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Hotel drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- You must provide your hotel details at time of booking, failure to do so may result in cancellation
Please note: Dress standards are conservative throughout Asia, especially outside major cities. To respect this and for your own comfort, we strongly recommend modest clothing, especially when visiting temples. This means clothing that covers your shoulders and knees. Loose, lightweight, long clothing is both respectful and cool in the predominantly hot Asian climate.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Darryl r, September 2016
Very nice and informative.
Reviewed by: Vladimir T, July 2016