- Instant Confirmation
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- All entrance fees included
- Small group ensures personal service
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
From one beautiful temple to another, you’ll move on to Wat Po, another temple that is integral to the Buddhist religion in Thailand. It’s home to the infamous golden reclining Buddha and is the birthplace of traditional Thai massage. This is one of the most popular things to do in Bangkok, and with our local guide to take your through the temples, you’ll hear all the secret stories and local knowledge about the place.
You’ll continue on this tour by walking down to the Chao Phraya River, or River of Kings, where you’ll board a longtail boat. The name of the river perfectly reflects this part of the tour; you’ll feel like royalty on your relaxing journey down the River of Kings! This is the reason why Bangkok is known as the ‘Venice of the East’, and you’ll explore this nickname further on this Bangkok boat tour as you glide through the network of ‘khlongs’, or canals. Many of the khlongs have been filled in over the years and converted into roads. These roads have turned into little Thai communities, and as you swoop through the waters you’ll discover insights into these little communities. This area of Bangkok feels like a world away from the busy streets and chaos, so this Bangkok canals tour is a welcome break from the bustling city centre!
Your tour will finish up as you glide back into port, from where you can continue to explore or your local guide will be happy to give you directions back to your accommodation. This tour shows you a truly unique side of the city that you won’t find on any of the other day tours in Bangkok, and it gives you the opportunity to visit both famous sights and hidden spots, exploring them through the eyes of a local.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Bangkok Grand Palace and River of Kings Canal Cruise Small-Group Tour
- Local guide
- Entrance fees
- Longtail boat ride
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Food and drink
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 6 years
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Dress Code: There are strict dress codes for visiting the Grand Palace. The Temple of the Emerald Buddha is Thailand's most sacred site. Visitors must be properly dressed before being allowed entry to the temple. Men must wear long pants and shirts with sleeves - no sleeveless tops. If you're wearing sandals or flip-flops you must wear socks (in other words, no bare feet.) Women must be similarly modestly dressed. No see-through clothes, bare shoulders, etc. If you show up at the front gate improperly dressed, there is a booth near the entry that can provide clothes to cover you up properly. You must leave your passport or credit card as security.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Camilla G, March 2016
We were lucky to get a private tour - great guide. Can recommend
Reviewed by: Melissa C, March 2016
It was great! Tour guide was great!