5-Day Northern Greece Tour: Delphi, Meteora, Thessaloniki, Pella, Thermophylae
Highlights on your five-day tour from Athens include:
- Delphi Archaelogical Museum and sites
- Meteora Monestaries
- Macedonian sacred town of Dion
- Thessaloniki Archaeological Museum and sightseeing tour
- The tomb of King Philip
- Vergina Treasures
- Macedonian tombs of Lefkadia
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Thessaloniki _Statue of Alexander the Great
- 4 nights accommodation
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Entrance fees for museums and archaeological sites
- Professional guide
- Local taxes
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Free Wifi in the Amalia hotels
- Map of Greece
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Every effort is made to use superior class hotels, as classified by the Greek Government. In smaller towns where no first class hotels are available, the best hotels existing is used. All the hotels used on this tour have private facilities
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Drive to Delphi, passing by Levadia and Archova, to visit the world-famous museum and the archaeological site. Before you check into your hotel for a delicious dinner you will have spare time to spend the rest of the day at your own leisure.
Day 2: Amphissa - Lamia - Trikala - Kalambaka - Meteora (B,D)
After your breakfast at your hotel you will drive by the central Greek towns of Amphissa, Lamia, Trikala and Kalambaka before you visit breathtaking Meteora, home to one of the oldest and historically most important monasteries of Greece.
Day 3: Trikala - Larissa - Dion - Thessaloniki (B,D)
Your day starts with a drive to the sacred Macedonian town of Dion, passing by Trikala and Larissa. Then continue to Thessaloniki, the largest city in Northern Greece. Here you will visit the famous museum and enjoy a guided sightseeing tour before you will retire at your hotel and have a well-deserved dinner.
Day 4: Pella - Vergina - Lefkadia - Veria - Thessaloniki (B,D)
Morning drive to Pella, Alexander the Great's capital. Continue to Vergina to visit the Tomb of the King Philip and the famous "Vergina Treasures". Then on to Lefkadia where you visit the excavations. Return to Thessaloniki via Veria where you will stay for the night.
Day 5: Tempi Valley - Larissa - Lamia - Thermopylae - Kamena Vourla - Athens (B)
On your last day you will drive through Tempi Valley, Larissa and Lamia to Thermopylae, famous for the ancient battle that took place here. Drive on to Kamena Vourla before you return to Athens.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Peter J, June 2016
We were shunted between 3 different tours. 3 different guides in the first 24 hours. More time driving around Athens picking people up than at Delphi. Convenient for subsidiary companies at the expense of the tourist. My advice, book directly with a company and not with Viator.