- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Led by a local guide
- Free snacks included
- Free drinks included
On the day of your tour, meet your guide in central Venice at your selected time, then set off to explore. If you’re staying near St Mark's Square (Piazza San Marco), you might choose to view some of Venice’s stunning churches, such as the Church of San Zaccaria and Santa Maria Formosa Church, before entering the bustling Rialto Fish Market to see what’s been hauled in from the Venetian lagoon.
While your guide will not be able to accompany you into churches or other historical buildings, they will be able to share interesting facts and stories with you as you wander around Venice. Toward the end of the tour, call into a traditional Venetian bar. Relax as you sip on a glass of wine and munch on an appetizer, while chatting with your private guide.
After three hours, the tour concludes at the original departure point.
Please note: St Mark’s Square, St Mark’s Basilica (Basilica of San Marco) and Doge’s Palace (Palazzo Ducale) cannot be visited on this tour. Churches may also be inaccessible on Sunday mornings when religious ceremonies are taking place.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Tour departs at 10am
Tour departs at 11am
Tour departs at 1pm
Tour departs at 3pm
Tour departs at 5pm
Private Half Day Walking Tour of Venice
- Private Walking Tour (3 hours)
- Professional guide
- Private tour and commentary
- Appetizer and one glass of wine at a Venetian bacaro
- Entrance fees
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 5 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- This tour is accompanied by a tour hostess and can cover any kind of city sightseeing. Hostesses are not allowed to give precise historical and artistic explanation inside palaces and churches and give short information only
- Usually the hostess accompanies tourists along unknown parts of the city sharing stories
- San Marco square, Ducal Palace and the Basilica can not be visited on this tour
- Your tour guide cannot accompany you into any church or historical buildings
- On Sunday mornings it is not possible to enter any of the visited churches due to religious functions taking place. Rialto Market is closed every Sunday and Monday. These closures are beyond our control so no refunds or discounts will be issued
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Julia D, October 2016
Very nice tour The guide was informative and very pleasant. We saw several areas that are not frequented by tourists. Great way to get to know the city.
Reviewed by: Anthony M, October 2016
Absoluyrly fabulous and well worth the cost. our guide declared at the beginning that she wanted us to have wonderful memories of our visit to Venice and in this she succeeded. Fluent English and knowledge of her city mad this tour fascinating. We visited parts of Venice that we probably wouldn't have found on our own. Even though it was my third visit to Venice in many years this was fresh, exciting, and satisfying. Guide suggested cachet to visit, and ways to get around. Splendid and would do again.