- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- All entrance fees included
- Lunch included
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
When you arrive, your guide will pick up your group’s pre-ordered tickets and lead you on a 2-hour walking tour of the fascinating grounds. Witness the destruction first-hand as you visit Pompeii’s most famous sites, including the Forum, the Thermal Baths, Vetti's House and the Lupanare brothel, giving you a glimpse into daily life during the Pax Romana. Today you can see shapes of objects — even bodies — that were buried beneath the volcanic ash and pumice.
After your tour, enjoy a pizza lunch with your group followed by some free time to browse the shops. Then board the coach and drive 40 minutes to legendary Mt Vesuvius.
Embark on a moderate hike up the volcano with your guide. When you reach the summit at 3,900 feet (1,200 meters), you’ll be rewarded with panoramic views of the picturesque Bay of Naples from east to west. Peer down into the crater and see plumes of steam issuing from the sleeping, but still active, volcano!
There is a rest point where you can choose to wait for your group if you do not wish to climb all the way to the top, but the hike is worth the effort.
After your Mt Vesuvius hike, relax on the drive back to Naples in the early evening.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
10:30am pickup is outside the Naples train station on the left, close to the Star Hotel Terminus garage entrance. The driver will display a sign with the lead traveler's name on it
10:15am pickup from your Naples hotel. Exact pickup time will be advised upon reconfirmation.
Crater of Mt Vesuvius, Italy
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide in Pompeii and Mt. Vesuvius
- Entrance fees to Pompeii (approx. 13 euro) and Mt. Vesuvius (approx. 10 euro)
- Pizza with drink
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Walking shoes and a coat are recommended when climbing Vesuvius
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Please note that tour of Mt Vesuvius will be provided in English only
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: calfan, September 2016
Super tour of both Pompeii and Mt Vesuvius. The tour of Pompeii was comprehensive and the tour guide knew her information. I was pleased with the number of sites within Pompeii we were able to see/visit. The lunch was OK. The 2nd part of the tour to Mt. Vesuvius was breathtaking after you reached the top of the path to the volcano crater. The tough part was climbing the path to the top. My wife could not climb it and my heart was racing during the climb, but once I made it to the top, it was well worth it. Of course getting to the staging site for the climb was rather scary, as there were too many buses when we went and the buses trying to leave were often interfering with the buses going up. I would still recommend this particular tour. I checked off one of my bucket list wants on this one.
Reviewed by: Joseph D, September 2016
Extremely well informed guide Maria was attentive to us all and made sure we were all accounted for in the hoards of people at Pompeii and Vesuvius. The walking trip up the mountain was stressful for out of shapes but plenty of older, in shape folks were climbing. Suggest getting one or two walking sticks free with a tip at the end at the bottom to help with the loose footing.