- Close encounter with friendly dolphins
- Ideal choice for families
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Instant Confirmation
- Led by a local guide
- Likely to Sell Out
This whale-watching tour is available year-round, and depending on the season you travel, different whales may be in the area. Giant blue whales like to visit in the summer and fall months. These whales are the largest mammals ever seen in existence, usually growing to approximately 200 tons (180 metric tons) and 98 feet (30 meters) in length! You may also see grey whales, which can live up to 70 years. Finback whales are also common in the summer months; they are the second-largest mammals after blue whales, and they grow to up to 72 feet (22 meters).
During the winter and spring months, you'll typically see minke and humpback whales. The minke whale is one of the world’s smallest whales, only growing to about 23 feet (7 meters). The beloved humpback whale can grow to be about 52 feet (16 meters). Both whales love krill, and they ‘fluke’ (slap) their tails on the water in order to bring the krill up to the surface. Humpbacks are a very curious breed of whales and are often referred to as ’friendlies’ by sailors because they love to come up to ships.
Keep your eyes peeled for other marine life like seals, sea lions and several types of dolphins. Your friendly and knowledgeable captain and crew all come from strong backgrounds in marine biology and will be able to answer all your questions.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Newport Beach, California
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
9:30am departure for the 2.5-hour whale-watching cruise. Available November to February on Saturday and Sunday
10am departure for the 2.5-hour whale-watching cruise. Available daily from March to October; Monday - Friday from November to February
12pm departure for the 2.5-hour whale-watching cruise. Available November to February on Saturday to Sunday
1pm departure for the 2.5-hour whale-watching cruise. Available daily from March to October; Monday - Friday from November to February
2:30pm departure for the 2.5-hour whale-watching cruise. Available from November to February on Saturday and Sunday
Whale Watching Cruise
- 2.5-hour whale-watching cruise
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- $3.50 fuel surcharge per infant age 3 years and younger due on date of travel. The fuel surcharge is required by our local supplier and is not within our control.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Outside alcohol, ice chests, coolers or glass containers are strictly prohibited.
- Vessel may change depending on availability.
- Please note: there is a $3.50 fuel surcharge per infant age 3 years and younger due on date of travel. The fuel surcharge is required by our local supplier and is not within our control.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: Mary Jo N, October 2016
Outstanding! We enjoyed this tour immensely! Our group was able to see a humpback whale up close as it breached and flipped its tail - we were even close enough to smell its fishy breath when it spouted. The drone operator flew the drone right over the whale making it easier for the group to find the sweet spot to watch for the whale's movements. We splurged afterward and purchased the drone footage and some of the close-up photos of the whale - well worth the modest charge.
Highly recommend this tour company!
Reviewed by: sarah H, September 2016
We went out at 5 pm and were very lucky seeing whales, dolphins, sea lions.On our return had a beautiful sun set.