Discover Victoria’s Yarra Valley wine region on this day trip from Melbourne. With an expert guide to act as your wine tutor, visit four of the area’s best-known wineries: Punt Road, Balgownie Estate, Yering Farm and Domaine Chandon. During your series of wine tastings and an included vineyard lunch, you’ll find out why the Yarra Valley is one of Australia's favorite wine regions, loved for its picturesque scenery. Choose from several pickup points in central Melbourne or St Kilda.
After pickup from your selected meeting point in Melbourne, your day trip starts with the approximate 1-hour drive to the Yarra Valley. Throughout the day, you’ll be accompanied by your guide, a wine expert who will entertain and educate you about the varietals that grow in this renowned wine region.
Stop at your first winery, Yering Farm, a rustic winery whose cellar door is housed in a converted hay shed situated on top of a hill. Admire the antique copper tools used by pioneer winemakers more than 100 years ago while you sample the wines.
Continue your day trip to your second winery, Balgownie Estate, a small vineyard famed for its cabernet sauvignon and shiraz varieties. Spend your first 30 minutes here at the tasting table, and then head into the winery restaurant for lunch, which includes a glass of wine and tea or coffee. While you eat, enjoy great views of the vineyard.
Next, head to Punt Road Winery where you’ll enjoy a tasting of the winery’s award-winning classic Australian wines before making your way to your last winery of the day, to the French champagne company Moet and Chandon's Australian production house. Take a private guided tour of the winery to see how sparkling wine is made, and then relax with a glass of bubbly and light nibbles while you marvel at the gorgeous vineyard views.
Your day trip ends with the return drive to Melbourne, where you are dropped off at your original pickup point.
Note: If lunch is not available at Balgownie Estate on the day of your tour, you’ll have lunch at a similar venue.
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Recommended departure point:
St Paul's Cathedral in central Melbourne
Or one of the following locations:
The George Hotel, St Kilda
7-11 convenience store on Spencer Street
Her Majesty's Theatre
Hertz Car Rentals on Franklin Street
Select your departure time when booking.
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
Returns to original departure points
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
Pickup at 9am from the George Hotel, St Kilda
Pickup at 9:20am from the 7-11 convenience store at the corner of Spencer and Flinders streets in the City
Pickup at 9:30am from St Paul's Cathedral at the corner of Flinders and Swanston streets in the City
Pickup at 9:35am from Her Majesty's Theatre in the City
Pickup at 9:40am from Hertz Car Rentals in the City
Yarra Valley Vineyards
- Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting points
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Wine tastings at four Yarra Valley wineries
- Lunch at Balgownie Estate or equivalent
- Glass of wine and tea or coffee with lunch
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Cruise port pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Children must be accompanied by an adult; 1 child to every 2 adults
- Minimum age for this tour is 7 years; prior to boarding, a consent form must be signed by the parent or guardian of any child between the ages of 7 and 10 to confirm the child's age
- Minimum age is to drink alcohol is 18 years
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Vegetarian option is available; please advise at time of booking if required
- This tour operates with a maximum of 24 passengers, and the maximum number of people per one booking is 7; it cannot be guaranteed that groups larger than 7 will be accommodated on the same vehicle
- Please note: The exact itinerary, venues and timing are subject to change without notice
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
Local Operator Information:
Complete Operator information, including local telephone numbers at your destination, are included on your Confirmation Voucher. Our Product Managers select only the most experienced and reliable operators in each destination, removing the guesswork for you, and ensuring your peace of mind.
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.