- Multi-Day Trip
- Choice of seating available
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Rail Tour
- Lunch included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Hotel pickup included
You have four hotel options for your night in Kyoto; make your selection when booking. Please also specify if you prefer a single, twin or double room, and provide your accommodation information in Tokyo for the day before and day after this tour.
Day 1: Tokyo – Mt Fuji – Hakone – Kyoto (L)
Your 2-day tour begins with pickup from select Tokyo hotels or by meeting your guide at the Hamamatsucho Bus Terminal. From here, head out of the city by deluxe coach for the scenic drive to Mt Fuji, Japan’s highest mountain, about 60 miles (100 km) southwest of Tokyo.
Start heading to the 5th Station of Mt Fuji and stop by a local restaurant for lunch before continuing your tour to Lake Ashi for a sightseeing cruise. End your adventure in this region with a ride on the Komagatake Ropeway, an aerial tramway on Mt Komagatake that provides views over Hakone National Park.
Next, zoom to Kyoto aboard the Shinkansen, Japan’s network of high-speed bullet trains. If the weather is clear, you may catch views of Mt Fuji during the ride. When you arrive in Kyoto, you’ll be dropped off at your selected hotel for the evening.
Overnight: Your selected tourist- or first-class hotel in Kyoto
Day 2: Kyoto – Tokyo, if option selected (L)
Enjoy breakfast on your own before meeting your guide to start your morning sightseeing tour of Kyoto. Visit the city’s famous historical and cultural attractions like the Golden Pavilion, Kyoto Imperial Palace and Nijo Castle, noted for its gorgeous interiors.
Visit a local restaurant for lunch with your guide, and then continue your sightseeing with an afternoon tour to Sanjusangendo Hall, home to 1,001 images of Buddha; Heian Shrine, famous for its red exteriors; and Kiyomizu, a Buddhist temple with a large veranda built into a hillside.
When your afternoon tour ends, you’ll either be dropped off at your Kyoto hotel if you selected the one-way tour option or you’ll be transferred to the train station to board the bullet train back to Tokyo.
Hotel accommodation is not included for this night.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
ANA InterContinental Tokyo, Cerulean Tower Tokyu, Courtyard by Marriot Tokyo Ginza, Hamamatsucho Bus Terminal, Hyatt Regency, Keio Plaza Hotel, Metropolitan Tokyo in Ikebukuro, New Sanno (pickup service is only available for guests staying at the hotel), Tokyo Dome Hotel, New Otani Tokyo, and Tokyo Station
- 7:40am from Cerulean Tower Tokyu and Metropolitan Tokyo (Ikebukuro)
- 7:50am from New Otani Tokyo
- 8:05am from Hyatt Regency, New Sanno and Keio Plaza Hotel Tokyo
- 8:15am from Courtyard by Marriot Tokyo Ginza and Tokyo Station
- 8:20am from Tokyo Dome and ANA InterContinental Tokyo
- 8:40am from Hamamatsucho Bus Terminal
Please contact the local tour operator after booking to confirm your departure time
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
One-Way Tour Karasuma Kyoto
One-way tour from Tokyo to Kyoto with one night at Karasuma Kyoto Hotel; tourist-class accommodation
USD $506.18Pricing details
One-Way Tour New Miyako
One-way tour from Tokyo to Kyoto with one night at New Miyako Hotel; tourist-class accommodation
USD $519.57Pricing details
One-Way Tour Hotel Okura
One-way tour from Tokyo to Kyoto with one night at the Kyoto Hotel Okura; first-class accommodation
USD $529.39Pricing details
Round-Trip Tour Karasuma Kyoto
Round-trip tour from Tokyo with one night at Karasuma Kyoto Hotel; tourist-class accommodation
USD $640.09Pricing details
Round-Trip Tour New Miyako
Round-trip tour from Tokyo with one night at New Miyako Hotel; tourist-class accommodation
USD $653.49Pricing details
Round-Trip Tour Hotel Okura
Round-trip tour from Tokyo with one night at the Kyoto Hotel Okura; first-class accommodation
USD $663.31Pricing details
2-Day Mt Fuji and Kyoto Rail Tour by Bullet Train from Tokyo
- Hotel pickup in select hotels in Tokyo
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Coach transport to Mt Fuji
- Sightseeing cruise on Lake Ashi
- Ropeway ride
- Bullet train ride
- 1 night of accommodation
- Sightseeing tours in Kyoto
- Professional guide
- Local taxes
- Baggage handling: One piece of luggage on one-way tour only
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Baggage handling (on one-way tour, additional pieces of luggage are 2,200 yen per piece, payable direct; please note that the train does not have much baggage storage)
- Baggage handling on the round-trip tour is not available; please make your own arrangements to have baggage transported, if necessary; it is recommended that you bring only what you need for one night in a small bag and leave most of your luggage at your Tokyo accommodation
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible; if assistance is required, passenger must provide their own carer
- Pickup is only available from select locations in Tokyo. Please refer to “Departure Point” for listed locations
- Please note: Make sure you select the correct pickup location at checkout, as failure to appear at the pickup location at the scheduled time and location may result in a cancellation of your reservation with no refund
- If your hotel is not listed, please select Hamamatsucho Bus Station at checkout and wait for your bus there by the scheduled time on your day of travel
- This tour operates in all weather conditions; if Mt Fuji is not visible due to bad weather, no refund will apply
- Please provide the local contact information of your accommodation to the tour operator at least 3 days prior to your travel date so they may contact you for anything urgent, otherwise, your tour operator may reject this booking
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat and meals are not included
- Selected hotel is not guaranteed and is subject to availability
- When the drive up to Mt Fuji's fifth station is closed in winter or early spring due to heavy snow, or if the tour is behind schedule due to traffic, you will go up the highest point possible
- The Lake Ashi cruise and the Komagatake Ropeway may be omitted or substituted depending on traffic, weather conditions or other operational reasons; if this happens, you will enjoy either one or two of following alternatives: Nakamura Museum in Hakone, Hakone Check Point, Cruise on Lake Kawaguchi, Lake Kawaguchi Ropeway, Hakone-en Aquarium or Hakone shrine; there will be no refund in this case
- Nijo Castle is closed on Tuesdays in Jan, July, Aug and Dec; in these cases, you will visit Ryoanji Temple instead
- Kyoto Imperial Palace is closed on Monday and, if Monday is a national holiday, Monday will be open and the following day will be closed. When Kyoto Imperial Palace is closed, you will visit Kitano-tenmangu Shrine instead. The schedule applies to the period before and after the public viewing of Kyoto Imperial Palace in April and Oct, and the Aoi Festival from May 14-17, as well as other Imperial Household events
- To enter Kyoto Imperial Palace, you are required to fill out a form asking for your name, gender, age and nationality
If you cancel between 3 and 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: aisforastrid, November 2016
Sunrise Tours is absolutely amazing! I had 3 tour guides and they were all very nice, knowledgeable, and polite. They made it a point to provide exceptional customer service. The tour was very comprehensive and engaging. We had great food and plenty of it. The hotel was very comfortable and clean. I loved how they had Sunrise Tour employees at every train station to make sure that I didn't get lost. I highly recommend this tour because it's a great way to explore and fall in love with Japan!
Reviewed by: Gillian M, May 2016
We could not fault the organisation of this tour nor the efficiently and knowledge of all the tour guides. Even when changing trains at Nagoya from one side of a platform to the other a tour guide was on the platform to assist us. The hotel in Kyoto was superb and we saw everything we wishes to see. We wiill certainly use Viator again in the future. Well done!