- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Includes free admission to top local attractions
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
The Royal Monastery of San Lorenzo El Real was built by King Philip II to house the remains of his parents, Charles I and Isabella of Portugal. The Renaissance complex combines a palace and monastery, and features a wonderful collection of art. On your visit, follow your guide on a tour of the complex, including the Pantheon of Kings and the basilica.
Six miles (9.5 km) north of El Escorial lies the Valley of the Fallen, a vast basilica built into the side of a mountain and topped by a gigantic granite cross. The monument was built by Spanish dictator General Franco to remember the casualties of Spain's Civil War. Take a guided tour inside the basilica and admire the spectacular valley landscape surrounding the complex.
Before you continue to Aranjuez, have free time to grab lunch (own expense) and relax before the second part of your day trip.
Afternoon Tour: Aranjuez
Continue your trip to Aranjuez, a town of beautiful architecture and a regal atmosphere that lies 28 miles (46 km) south of Madrid.
Your guide will lead you the Palacio Real (Royal Palace). The palace is a Spanish Royal Site – the spring residence of Spanish kings since the late 1800s. Admire the decorative styles and see the Throne Room of Elizabeth II, the Prince's Gardens, the Parterre and the Island.
Next, visit the Museum of Royal Feluccas, which exhibits boats used by Philip V and Elizabeth II, among other royal family members, to cruise the Tagus River.
Recent Photos of this Tour
Select a month to view a calendar of availability and departure details.
Click the link below to check pricing & availability on your preferred travel date. Our pricing is constantly updated to ensure you always receive the lowest price possible.
8:45am English & Other
El Escorial Monastery and Aranjuez Day Trip from Madrid, with Bilingual-speaking guide
USD $123.26Pricing details
Madrid Super Saver: El Escorial Monastery and Aranjuez Day Trip from Madrid
- Local guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Entrance fees to Palacio Real of Aranjuez, Royal Monastery of El Escorial, Entrance to Valley of the Fallen and the Basílica and Museum of Royal Feluccas.
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infants aged 5 years and under are free of charge, provided they do not occupy a seat
- Operated by a bilingual guide in Spanish and English
- Please note: The Museum of Royal Feluccas will not be visited in October for technical reasons.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Reviewed by: brian g, January 2017
nice trip out of the city of madrid
Reviewed by: Duayne K, USA, September 2015
El Escorial is a beautiful structure.
The Valley of the Fallen is something you have to see to understand the scale of the place, it is enormous.
It is hard to think of the majesty of the setting and the grander of the basilica, and know that it was all done on orders of Franco, for his mausoleum, and was done with concentration camp labor. Truly a place to see and to contemplate.
The Aranjuez place is magnificent